Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, new member and first post. Hope I have the right section. I was just at Little Sahara, and didn't love the blind spots dropping the front over large drops with no visibility. I like the thought of mounting the PDX-3(Rockford head unit) up on the dash, looks factory and adding a front/rear camera on separate switches. Clean set up, but the screen seems so small, 2.7 inches? I don't know that it' will do much good? I saw someone mounted a PDX-8 up on the dash and wired in the camera, that fixed the small screen issue, but didn't love how the fitment looked with the open space behind. Lots of threads with people trying different cameras and things, couldn't find the right set up. Not sure if anyone else has found a way to mount int he PDX-8 top center of the dash or way to use a large screen ? Thought of using the tablet kit, then cutting it out to mount the PDX-8. Looking for ideas/advise on that or any other ideas to accomplish this while keeping the Rockford set up. Maybe I mount it down low, the go tablet holder for cameras? I will be placing my order soon on the machine (X3 XRS RR), primary use will be the dunes so getting my parts list ready. If they'd just come out with a larger screen for the Rockford PDX-3 head unit, I think the problem would be solved.

Anyone have ideas or experience here?

Here's the video of the PDX-8 with switch activated camera.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome aboard.. Can you re-post a link to the vid?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the addiction!! Sweet setup you’re looking at. Are there any stereo or custom shops close to you? They could probably point you in the right direction, especially if you buy the equipment from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts