Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody no how to get fine scratches outta the black side panels? If I ever get them out I was gonna put a clear coat over them to prevent happen again!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They are gonna scratch, no way around it and no way to fix it other than replace it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
If ur gonna clear coat them just paint them again and make sure u add alot of flex agent in the paint !

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I got plenty of desert pin stripes on mine. I think they are more like a badge of honor......lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can get the scratches out, but it will take a lot of work. Start with sand paper that is about 600 grit, then progressively get finer and finer paper until you use 1200 or 1500 grit. After that, use a liquid polish used for plastic, like helmet visor polish. You can also use a kit for clearing up fogged up headlights from the auto part store. Like I said, it will take time. To me, it's not worth it because I know it's going to get scratched again a few rides later.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If u spray or wipe some armour all on it, it will take away a lot of the fine scratches.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Or put a wrap on it and cover it up. Other than that, suck it up sir. ;) I fought to try and keep mine all nice looking...gave up. I scrape trees with the best of them now....ugh. lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yea after my first trip to the mud hole mine was all scratched up. Then it didn't help I was following some smaller bikes that didn't understand I wasn't trying to wedge my maverick between two trees. Anyway now they're so scratched up that the black plastics dont even shine anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts