Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Entered the world of the X3 on a sour note. My son and a few buddies rented one and within a few hours they managed to roll it (Endo). They all walked away thank God. The rental place is working with me on the costs. New unit minus the scrap price of the old unit. Cage is done, frame is bent, front arms are toast. Runs fine. Drove it up onto the trailer. Only 1682 miles/91 hours on it. Anyone have a guess on what it may be worth if I bring it home and part it out? Anyone calling dibs? I'm in San Diego.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Car

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electric blue

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

Blue Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Wood Window Sculpture Window blind

Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bumper Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

· Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Welcome from Oregon!

Yep, these things require a bit of experience and talent. 64" machines are even more tricky. If you said "endo" at least it wasn't donuts.... or?
Glad everyone was ok.

What about insurance if you rented it?

Plus this isn't a "new" unit, it's value IMO, 1682 miles on it.........minus scrap price.

Whatever you can get.........

Yes, part it out.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Oregon!

Yep, these things require a bit of experience and talent. 64" machines are even more tricky. If you said "endo" at least it wasn't donuts.... or?
Glad everyone was ok.

What about insurance if you rented it?

Plus this isn't a "new" unit, it's value IMO, 1682 miles on it.........minus scrap price.

Whatever you can get.........

Yes, part it out.
No insurance was offered or available. The place carries liability insurance if a renter hit someone else, but nothing for a totaled UTV.

What's the value of a 2023 with 1682 miles on it?

He was just going too fast. I thought they were just renting some quads/dirt bikes. Had no idea they were renting UTVs. Very expensive lesson for sure.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

· Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I've seen units on auction sites going for 10-14K wrecked. In my opinion it's worth maybe 8K
Bent frame I'm not even thinking quite 8k.

If he got 8k that would be top dollar.

The used market has gotten soft the last 6 months with dealers getting new stock in.

Tim

· Premium Member
7,428 Posts
No insurance was offered or available. The place carries liability insurance if a renter hit someone else, but nothing for a totaled UTV.

What's the value of a 2023 with 1682 miles on it?

He was just going too fast. I thought they were just renting some quads/dirt bikes. Had no idea they were renting UTVs. Very expensive lesson for sure.
View attachment 289867
Well, you can get one new for $28-$30K
So maybe around $22-25K w/1600mi

$8K would be a stretch IMO.

· Premium Member
17,259 Posts
Son's problem, but he's only 21 and isn't up for the guile of a rental outfit with $25k is on the line. He's a good kid otherwise he'd be on his own with this mess.
It’s a learning lesson for sure. Probably best if his buddies threw in some money too.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Then who's going to deal with all the BS with parting it out.

Storage
Tear down
Advertising
Answering calls
Dealing with a number scumbags
How long will it take
Then you have parts that will never sell
etc......

Sounds like a good project for your son and buddies.
That's the fun part! I have space for it. I'd strip it of anything of value and scrap the rest... or get a new frame and swap everything over? Who knows. The rental place is calling me in the morning. I'll see what the first offer is and go from there. I just needed some numbers so I'm not walking into this blind. Really appreciate you guys.

· Premium Member
17,259 Posts
That's the fun part! I have space for it. I'd strip it of anything of value and scrap the rest... or get a new frame and swap everything over? Who knows. The rental place is calling me in the morning. I'll see what the first offer is and go from there. I just needed some numbers so I'm not walking into this blind. Really appreciate you guys.
Get ahead of the curve. Check Rocky Mountain ATV or Partzilla for up to date prices. Rocky Mountain has an excellent microfiche for part look ups.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s a learning lesson for sure. Probably best if his buddies threw in some money too.
The guy that set the trip up and signed all the rental papers already chipped in $3k. The other guys freaked when they heard the cost was around $25k... should have thought about that before renting expensive stuff where you are on the hook for all damages. I expect the others will run and hide. My son rolled it, so it's on him. He'll be working to pay for a toy he'll never drive. Sad lesson.

· Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Pretty shady company that doesnt have insurance to cover the loss of a rental machine. That doesnt make sense at all.
I don't buy it.

I suspect they have insurance and just don't want to take the hit.

Tim

1 - 20 of 80 Posts