·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who else uses it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well judging by your pics and information you gave me in the other thread, I literally just got off the phone and had a can of it ordered. Now that I think about it, will one can be enough to try it out? Spray before going out riding, and spray everything and all over or what?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just ordered 2 cans from amazon.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, 1 can will usually do (unless your ocd like me) spray everything, I don't spray seats, top, or windshield though, don't know why though... but all under it, and and all the plastics! went from using $15 in car wash quarters to about $5!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dealer called me back they found some in stock! I will give it a shot and if it works as you claim, I owe you a beer... lol My machines always get that dusty/mud stained look everywhere.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deal!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry last thing, now you just spray it and leave it or wipe/spread it around? Apply again after every time? No can in front of me yet so I can't read the directions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spray and walk away

·
Registered
400 Posts
now this makes me want to try this stuff, as the WORST part of riding is cleaning!!! lol

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Best stuff out there in my opinion. I can get two uses out of one can lol....I spray it all. Showroom condition when done.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where is the best place to buy it? I just tried some Cover All from O'Reillys. It worked great on everything. You have to ask for it they normally keep it behind the counter. The Cover All is about $9 per can.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Dealer here carries it for 10 bucks a can. Get a can every time I stop...

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
CycleGear carries it

I use Plexus after I wash mine. It's good stuff

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use it wen i wash my mav...
But only on the black plastics
And always loocks like new:cool2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
SC1 is the best stuff I've used. I use about a whole can on my Max after every cleaning and it looks brand new after applying. It also makes clean up much easier after the next ride.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I had a few cans of the Yamaha brand silicone protectant. It worked OK but didn't really dry and left an oily residue behind. I ordered a few cans of this stuff to give it a shot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
CycleGear carries it

I use Plexus after I wash mine. It's good stuff
Plexus is good stuff, I use it on my windshield, but it doesn't compare to SC1 for overall look and film protection. I actually apply plexus to a clean windshield and then spray spray SC1 over that. Dirt and mud fall right off with a little water sprayed on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use it almost every time I wash the maverick, it's the only thing that still makes it shine. I use about 1.5 cans each time but I'm OCD that's undercarriage and all. Here's after the last wash it took me most of the day to get it to look like this but she has 2,000 hard miles on her.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts