Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am about ro maje a decision here regarding buying a new sxs. Still have 2013 walker evans 900 xp. And decides to sell it. But cant make my mind which sxs would be better. Xrs 1000 or rzr 1000. ? Iam 100% dune rider

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pretty tough to say since to my knowledge the XP1000 isn't even available to the public yet, however I've seen where a few Maverick owners have ridden XP1000's at the demo days and say they're better.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If cost is not an important decision making factor, why not buy the newest SxS on the market?
What are your wants & needs besides dune riding?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I don't care if I was super rich I still wont buy a rzr , lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buy the rzr and put a turbo on it. You should be able to stay under $30,000.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't you guys think canam is more quality built than polaris, my experience with xp is bad,
I bought the XP 2013 walker evans eddition, I only ride one day on the weekend for an average of 3 -4 hours, sand dunes of course, the first month I blew up the engine, changed as it is under warrenty, then in 3 time I am out clutch was jacked up and spring was out, back to the dealer and fixed, 3 times out everything was fine then I had a small accident with my buddy were his wheel hit my front axcel, a small hit wasn't that bad, Itried to move the bike and found out that a arms and tie rod was bent and tire is gone back and start hitting the back of the fender, took it to the dealer the next day. dealer replaced the a arms and tie rod BUT THE SAID YOU HAVE A BENT CHASIS AND WILL cost 3000$ to get new one. I went to my friends shop where he has a mechine that straighten chasis and did it there for $400. got the bike back; things are good. gone riding 3 times and then with out any warning engine blew up again for no resons, i am taking a very good care of my sxs but [email protected]# happens. therefore I am not trusting polaris so I am now at 60% maverick because of the quality and the look, 40% polaris 1k because it is new and different from the 900

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Based on your experience with Polaris, it should be an easy decision to choose the Can-Am Mav. If you upgrade the clutches right away you will have fast a d reliable machine. And yes the quality of the fit & finish is much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on your experience with Polaris, it should be an easy decision to choose the Can-Am Mav. If you upgrade the clutches right away you will have fast a d reliable machine. And yes the quality of the fit & finish is much better.
Now a question regarding thr clutch . Does 2014 model fix the problem of clutch or not?And what clutch I need to l look for ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now a question regarding thr clutch . Does 2014 model fix the problem of clutch or not?And what clutch I need to l look for ?
I don't know for sure but I doubt that it has a completely redesigned clutch. Just better off buying the aftermarket primary's like QSC or STM and then get a STM secondary and you will be all set. No issues and more HP to the wheels. Look on Facebook or you tube for maverick video's with clutches. It's impressive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts