41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
wow tim Kelly is out of bizz huh

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I was going to get my rears for the Mav thru Fullerton, but it was $850 for rears only 26x12.5x12 8 paddle, on douglas yellow lable non beadlock...pass. I like Dave, and he knows his shit...but that was way too much for 2 wheels. I got my tires from RM for $330, and am trying to scrape up the cash for some good beadlocks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Also, a lot of people said to contact GoGo performance, and I did but he said that they closed their doors. He gave me extreme tires phone number, but they're a little too expensive. I called Fullerton Sand Sports, and they're only five bucks more than Rocky Mountain for the rear tires that I got. Maybe I should just wait for the SSSS huh?
FSS usually run some decent specials at the SSSS. I will be looking to probably get the 3 rib fronts when I'm there from Dave. From those whom I've talked to that run them really like them.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Any opinions on the 9" vs 12" wide front? I don't like the look of the 12" as much, but does it work better on a sxs?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Any opinions on the 9" vs 12" wide front? I don't like the look of the 12" as much, but does it work better on a sxs?
u don't want narrow in the sand wide smooth and floatation is the key !

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
454 Posts
I need a little help on figuring out what to get for my front tires. I ordered a full set of Skat's from Rocky Mountain in May. They were supposed to be backordered for a month on the rear, but I wound up to be two months. So I got them in July and just opened them up or a week ago. The rears are beautiful, 26 x 12.5 x 12 eight paddles. But the front are all jacked up! One is bead to bead buff and tall, the other is regular buff and short. So I'll be sending those back. RM only offered the 26 inch tall fronts. I've seen a lot of people say to run the 27 x 9 x 12 with this rear paddle set up. So now I'm looking around for some and find out their kind hard to find. They're also a little more expensive than the rear paddles! I have found a couple of places that carry them. But I was talking to someone else today that said that they always sell the 26 x 12 x 12 front buff with my rear set up. So my question is, which ones should I get for the front.
I have run the 26x12x12 on the front of my last 2 UTV's on 7" wide wheels and it works great. The fronts stand up a bit more than the rears and works great.

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Im getting the STI Vrolls, i want to keep the 27in tall tire and i like the molded tire better my self with ITP t7 bead locks wheels 14in. that and STUs arnt that durable and too expensive.. one of my friends has skats 7scoop 26x12x12 and buffs on the front. on his mav and i drove it and it was great. i want the ribbed front cause i think it turns better.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Im getting the STI Vrolls, i want to keep the 27in tall tire and i like the molded tire better my self with ITP t7 bead locks wheels 14in. that and STUs arnt that durable and too expensive.. one of my friends has skats 7scoop 26x12x12 and buffs on the front. on his mav and i drove it and it was great. i want the ribbed front cause i think it turns better.
those are heavy tires. I know a guy who tried those on a Teryx4 and they just dug holes instead of floating on top.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
People never quite understand the amount of paddle needed for these UTVs, the mav can use a 7paddle skat just fine and it will be a faster tire than any other combo. 8 will be ok but slower than the 7. and it keeps going from there. STDs are no good for fast dune bikes. The skats are all ways a better combo.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
wow tim Kelly is out of bizz huh
No he just shut down the retail store front. He still does the Extreme Tire Biz and the Utv stuff to. he gets a lot of Skat-Traks combos and also has them in stock he is also a good source of common sense on what really works an what Realllllllllly works.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No he just shut down the retail store front. He still does the Extreme Tire Biz and the Utv stuff to. he gets a lot of Skat-Traks combos and also has them in stock he is also a good source of common sense on what really works an what Realllllllllly works.
is he using a different number I think one of the guys from here tried calling him and tim said try fuller or someone

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There you go, that's what he said.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Just found this info on another forum, from Dave at FSS.

Mohawk vs Smooth Buffs - The Mohawks do turn more precise for all SXSs, but the biggest drawback for running Mohawks on the front is that they chase any tracks in the sand. This effect is magnified on the RZR4 because the fronts have much more weight on them. The Smooth buffs turn well on the RZR4. The smooth buffs are more forgiving and smoother when running at higher speeds, they are very predictable (yes slower turning) extra push doesnt get you in trouble like an oversteer would. Oversteer will put you on your top!!!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Just found this info on another forum, from Dave at FSS.

Mohawk vs Smooth Buffs - The Mohawks do turn more precise for all SXSs, but the biggest drawback for running Mohawks on the front is that they chase any tracks in the sand. This effect is magnified on the RZR4 because the fronts have much more weight on them. The Smooth buffs turn well on the RZR4. The smooth buffs are more forgiving and smoother when running at higher speeds, they are very predictable (yes slower turning) extra push doesnt get you in trouble like an oversteer would. Oversteer will put you on your top!!!!!!!
over steer is only bad if u dont have enough power to break the back tires loose to get into a slide and power out ! ahah

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
those are heavy tires. I know a guy who tried those on a Teryx4 and they just dug holes instead of floating on top.
Ive seen xp4s running them at Gordons well before and they looked to run fine. weight wise i think if there the same or under the same weight as the factory tire thats ok with me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am going to try ITP dunestars on the front. Can't wait until labor day weekend to try them out. Just run what you feel will work for your riding area.

·
Registered
684 Posts

These work great in the Oregon dunes. Made it up everything, and saw top speed of 65 with more to go.
26x12.5x12-10paddle, 27x9x12-smooth buff.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

These work great in the Oregon dunes. Made it up everything, and saw top speed of 65 with more to go.
26x12.5x12-10paddle, 27x9x12-smooth buff.
that's a nice set up , if u find your self digging to much or not getting above 68mph, 7-8 paddle is actually perfect to keep the machine spinning the right amount and floating with out digging to much , the more dig the more power u need to keep floating on the dig u just did , , lol - 10 paddle , perfect for turbo 160+hp , but yes they will still work good on a maverick !

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
is he using a different number I think one of the guys from here tried calling him and tim said try fuller or someone
Try calling him at his Extreme Tire phx Az

41 - 60 of 71 Posts