Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tell me, do you really find a GREAT DEAL of difference on paddles in general sand riding. I have NEVER used paddles and yes I have been to at least 12 sand areas across the SW USA. sand hollow Utah, glamis, corral pink,utah, armagosia, apex, nv, etc. Hills, some steep, bowls,etc. I have never had a issue, drop the air down to 5 PSI and ride. So for the rider who rides sand 25% of the time, is paddles worth the cost? thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm kinda in the same dilema. The Mav is my 2nd SXS and I still haven't bought paddles. We ride in the dunes probably 50% of the time. Our closes dunes are steep and 600' tall plus they're at 4000'+ elev so paddles would be a big help. But honestly with the stock bighorns aired down I can nearly climb everything, comp hill I was pulling around 30mph at the slowest, raced my buddies teenagers in their XP w/paddles & they beat me by one length with 2 adults & having about 300lb of accessories hanging on my rig. I know it would perform alot better w/paddles but we also ride in the desert usually when at the dunes with my buddies so we would have to change tires back & forth & that would suck. I do plan on pulling the trigger & getting some before fall thou.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I found sum skat trak 8 paddles with smoothies, and brand new wheels from summit racing all for $480 total , - used paddles craigslist , 25x10x12

I pulled 1 car length by 10mph and 4 cars to 70, racing a stock mav , im stock to

so if u get beat by a rzr ur gonna want paddles ,lol

for 500-700 worth every penny

plus less stress and heat build up on the clutch, axles, motor ,coolant system

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I found sum skat trak 8 paddles with smoothies, and brand new wheels from summit racing all for $480 total , - used paddles craigslist , 25x10x12

I pulled 1 car length by 10mph and 4 cars to 70, racing a stock mav , im stock to

so if u get beat by a rzr ur gonna want paddles ,lol

for 500-700 worth every penny

plus less stress and heat build up on the clutch, axles, motor ,coolant system
Very good points on that last sentence! I raced USAGUY on the flats at Glamis. I was stock, aired down to 5lbs, he had Skat's. he had 7 mph more on the top end! That alone sold me! Mine should be here in a week or two.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Even if your not racing, they just pull better in the sand which like Benzo said, makes the motor work less so you get less heat build up and moving parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed a big difference when I installed my sand tires compared to the stock tires aired down. but I do most of my riding in Oregon .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts