Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, we have access to all the major Sand Tires! STU, Skat Trak, Douglas, etc.

We can get you Douglas wheels, HiPer Carbon Beadlocks, GMZ Wheels, and many others!

Just let us know what size you're looking for, and the specs and we will get you a price!

Get ready for dune season before the rush!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I can't decide what to run on the fronts, ITP dune stars, Mohawks or ribs.
Do all these come in a 27"x9x12 ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tend to prefer the buffs, because they ride smoother and don't track. Don't have experience with the Dune stars or the mohawks, but we have good luck with the ribs as well. And yeah they're 27x9x12

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
i tried the Doonz fronts and hated the. every little rut and track the tires followed it. I also could not drift my sxs around without fear of rolling it.

I am going with smoothies when i buy sand tires.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have always ran my knobby tires up front so i have never had a pure sand tire on the front. They work because I like running in 4wd. Will any of the tires pull better than others?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
smoothies pull awesome in 4wd , better I would say then knobbies or ribbed , they float u want to float no digging , and the actual buff part of the tire acts like a traction pad for the sand , smooth molded tires slide and less grip

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
smoothies pull awesome in 4wd , better I would say then knobbies or ribbed , they float u want to float no digging , and the actual buff part of the tire acts like a traction pad for the sand , smooth molded tires slide and less grip
This is what I've heard over and over.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have also heard that about the buff's but I have also heard they dont turn well. So your car will push more,is that true? That's why was thinking of ribs or mohawks.

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
I have also heard that about the buff's but I have also heard they dont turn well. So your car will push more,is that true? That's why was thinking of ribs or mohawks.
Use a little effin finesse while turning in sand. Setup turn, weight transfer(turn opposite of intended direction) , crank the wheel back, then mash the go pedal and drift.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I run the ITP on my Commander, and I like them. They will throw sand if your digging in. I can really tell in the pull in 4wd. they turn well without the pushing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes the buffs are not so much a turning tire, but when you're mashing on the gas, who cares! No, but really I don't see a problem with our buffs when turning. Yeah they don't like to turn when you're going slower but it pays off when you're really duning

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Go with the buffs or 3 rib. The Mohawks will catch and throw you over. Plus they get caught up in the ruts.

Buffs pull in 4wd and steer just fine.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Go with the buffs or 3 rib. The Mohawks will catch and throw you over. Plus they get caught up in the ruts.

Buffs pull in 4wd and steer just fine.
The buffs are the direction I'm leaning because like you said, in 4wd they will turn fine.
So most likely going to get the 26" blasters with 27" front buffs

1 - 20 of 88 Posts