Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen a lot of great information on here regarding the DMZ Sand Stripper Tires, but I will be doing a lot of dune riding the next couple of months and have found those, but they only offer them for a 14" wheel and with 14 paddles. Is this set worth it or should I go skat track or? I will also need wheels unless someone knows of a good set of sand tires that I can put on my bead lock 12"? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
A friend of mine had the sand strippers on his Xp1k and said he didn't like them.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine had the sand strippers on his Xp1k and said he didn't like them.
Thanks for the heads up. I believe I am going to go with the Skat-Trak Extreme Grip 8 Paddle rear, but can't decide on weather to do ribbed or smooth front. What do you think?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No they should fit the stock rims

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with ITP dune stars in the front. I have the 8 paddle skates on the back and they are great.
Pretty good looking setup. I am going with an 8-paddle rear and smooth fronts. Will there be a big difference of there aren't any "ribs" on the front tires?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Nope, smoothies pull in corners and uphill. Ribbed fronts make the car feel twitchy.
ya u will like the smoothies , the ripped wanted to pull me thru the ruts everwhere lol

u will luv the skat set up !

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya u will like the smoothies , the ripped wanted to pull me thru the ruts everwhere lol

u will luv the skat set up !
Chose to do smoothies. I sent you a pm because I was a little confused about the width of the rear tire. Once I get that cleared up, hopefully I can get them ordered and installed by Thursday.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that Mohawk looks like it wont bite to much so u can try that and if u don't like it u can shave it down and make it a smoothie , but if the smoothies r cheaper I would go with those , but atleast if u start with the Mohawk u can experience both styles of steer tires !

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to go look again at the prices, but I would doubt it if the smoothies were cheaper. I'm kinda on the fence now about them because my ass def doesn't need to be taking a hot knife to expensive tires. Ha

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

megadiesel posted a thread and pics when he custom made his paddles

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts