Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I need help fast! I'm a newbie getting ready to ride in Pismo on my 2016 Maverick 1000R DPS in less than a week. After many hours of research and shopping, I just bought a set of Sand Stripper HP tires and STI HD5 Beadlock wheels. I am wait for them to arrive but I can't sleep b/c I wonder if those tires are too wide to fit? The tire sizes are 28x13x14R on 14x7 (5+2 offset) wheels on the front, & 28x15x14R on 14x9 (5+4 offset) wheels on the rear. I'm especially concerned about the rear tires rubbing on the shock/coil/springs. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Ride on!!!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I know nothing about your machine, but the offset in the rear moves the tire outward, so there should be no problem with clearance to the springs.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Hi there, I need help fast! I'm a newbie getting ready to ride in Pismo on my 2016 Maverick 1000R DPS in less than a week. After many hours of research and shopping, I just bought a set of Sand Stripper HP tires and STI HD5 Beadlock wheels. I am wait for them to arrive but I can't sleep b/c I wonder if those tires are too wide to fit? The tire sizes are 28x13x14R on 14x7 (5+2 offset) wheels on the front, & 28x15x14R on 14x9 (5+4 offset) wheels on the rear. I'm especially concerned about the rear tires rubbing on the shock/coil/springs. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Ride on!!!
As I already told you in your PM to me. You should have no problems with rubbing. Here is a picture of my last toy running a very similar setup.

DSCN0653.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts