Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in the best clutch setup for hard duning. And as soon as they get the turbo worked out I'll be buying one. So I need a cliy h setup for the long haul. The brp snowmobile guys have to have their stuff dialed in by now don't you think?
I'm running stu blasters comp cut in the rear... And the stu front tire. I was thinking the rage 8 but I need some input..

·
Registered
711 Posts
depending on how much boost you plan to run, i would go with a rage 6 or a rage 8, just depends on the boost you are running. 5-10psi you will be ok with the rage 6. if you plan to run 12psi or more then i would recommend the rage 8

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So I'm interested in the best clutch setup for hard duning. And as soon as they get the turbo worked out I'll be buying one. So I need a cliy h setup for the long haul. The brp snowmobile guys have to have their stuff dialed in by now don't you think?
I'm running stu blasters comp cut in the rear... And the stu front tire. I was thinking the rage 8 but I need some input..
I'm more interested in how you like the blasters in the rear? did you get 70/30 or 60/40 cut?
What are your stu fronts? are they similar to ribs on one side of the tire?

Reactions: Az00r6

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Please post details of you Turbo setup and cost so we can all dream of future upgrades to our Mav's!

Oh, and the famous saying on this forum" Gotta have picture or it didn't happen" :money:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So not cut on the paddles except removing oneof them completely. Those were the fronts I was talking about. How do you like them? can you feel them pull at all when your climbing the dunes? They turn good right? Where did get them?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Siber turbo has a nice kit with intercooler also a thicker head gasket to lower compression cuz with a 12-1 u can boost maybe 2-3psi safely lol - and yes for sure if ur building turbo go rage 6 or 8 STM !

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do those kits come with their own clutches and exhaust? And how so they get around the closed loop computer?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got em from Dave at Fullerton sand sports. I really like em. They carve through the dunes really good. I run in 2wd so idk if they pull or not.
As far as the rears, they groove every other paddle off completely. The setup is legit.

Anyone ever heard of someone with a turbo in one of these?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know there pricey but can you PM me what the cost was? That is the setup I want to get at the sand show.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get that inter cooler? I have two Silber turbo kits and neither one came with an inter cooler nor did Justin offer it as an upgrade. I also run STU's. Mine are comp cut more than just paddles which shaved off 7-9lbs an axle.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Uh, that was 5 months ago.... I can't remember.... But there's a lot of variables going on . Speed is relative to driver weight, air pressure, clutching, motor mods and so on. I've been camping and riding at sand mountain for 30 years and I know a good setup and tire pressures when I feel it. These things kick ass. I had a buddy of mine with an xp900 pull up and challenge me at comp hill. His machine had been "tweaked abit" with exhaust and other go fast goodys. It wasn't even close.....oh and by the way he had skat traks. To each their own. I love my car and I love my setup. It drags well and dunes even better. It's difficult to steer sometimes with my third leg in the spokes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts