Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to silver lake in 3 weeks and it'll be the first sand run.

What are you guys running for tires etc. and how do the bighorns do? Are they adequate or should I be looking for paddles?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
OK, I got this one guys.....

Ok, kind sir. let me help answer your inquirery. First WE here are a nice mellow group that like to spoon feed others info. So let me be the first to guide you in the correct direction.

Please select the correct forum you think the answer to your question might be in then read a few topics posted by our great forum members. You will find the answer to your question along with a metric shiz ton of more info.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Lololololololol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts

Ok, kind sir. let me help answer your inquirery. First WE here are a nice mellow group that like to spoon feed others info. So let me be the first to guide you in the correct direction.

Please select the correct forum you think the answer to your question might be in then read a few topics posted by our great forum members. You will find the answer to your question along with a metric shiz ton of more info.
Wow! Much better!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I was at Silver Lake and the factory tires are fine. I never came close to getting stuck and the Maverick felt fast. I didn't need a rolling start to get over test hill like those popo 800s were doing. Paddles will no doubt make you run faster but the factory tires are absolutely fine. Simply put. The stock Maverick felt like a beast on the dunes at Silver Lake.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I forgot to mention that I was in sport mode, high gear and 4x4 the whole time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

HI....larious!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
PM me a price on the stu blasters 26" play cut in a 70/30 & 60/40

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was at Silver Lake and the factory tires are fine. I never came close to getting stuck and the Maverick felt fast. I didn't need a rolling start to get over test hill like those popo 800s were doing. Paddles will no doubt make you run faster but the factory tires are absolutely fine. Simply put. The stock Maverick felt like a beast on the dunes at Silver Lake.
Sweet that's what I was hoping to hear! Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks ill check it out. But if you have time to burn I guess I'll take a spoon feeding.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
WEAKKKK. Air the stocker Big Horns down to 5psi and you can make it through everything in 2WD
I forgot to mention I did air down the tires to 6psi in the rear and 8 psi in the front. Sure the Maverick will do it in 2 wheel drive but why give up what power it has to offer?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I forgot to mention I did air down the tires to 6psi in the rear and 8 psi in the front. Sure the Maverick will do it in 2 wheel drive but why give up what power it has to offer?
I didnt care for the way the steering jerks around when in 4WD. Only time I used it was when climbing hills with no runway, and on the dragstrip

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I didnt care for the way the steering jerks around when in 4WD. Only time I used it was when climbing hills with no runway, and on the dragstrip
Oh, you must not have power steering? I have the Super ATV EZ steer and I love it. I originally bought it for my wife but now that I've used it, I considered it a must have accessory.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh, you must not have power steering? I have the Super ATV EZ steer and I love it. I originally bought it for my wife but now that I've used it, I considered it a must have accessory.
Yeah no power steering for me. Maybe in the future I'll put a kit on. If you have problems with the steering that just means that you aren't going fast enough ;). But I hear ya, slow speed ie: stopped steering is a mofo on these things.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts