Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I need some help with paddle selection.... I cant seem to find any info on tire size and paddle count versus hp levels!
I'm currently running the WS180 (215 crank HP). Would a 30x14x12 14 paddle be good? Or will i blow through them? I'm also not trying to break the bank, as these would only be used about 3 to 4 times a year. But after riding in an x3 with paddles versus mine with carnivores, I HAVE TO HAVE SOME!!! LOL Just want to say thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing some opinions!

·
Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. You'll get many answers, half of them will be search. 30s will be too small, especially with at type of horsepower. 32s, IMO are the tires you should run. Actual paddle count is also subjective, 14 paddles staggered or full blades? Either should work rather well. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Something was telling me 30s might not be enough but I dont have anyone else to ask lol. I was looking at the 32 tusk tires and tusk wheels also. but man the offset difference from front to back just seems odd. 5+5 rears and 5+2 fronts. Is it common to run like that?

·
Premium Member
12,270 Posts
I run 4+4, 5+5. Most dune guys go 8 fronts, and either 10 or 11 rears. Tusks tires? I'm thinking they are molded? I'd stay with the Carnivores instead of them. If you're going to get paddles, Skats are probably the best out there, once again subjective, followed by Sand Blasts, CSTs, Etc. Stay away from molded tires, very heavy. Good paddles cost money. That old saying, "you wanna play, you're gonna pay", LOL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea I know what ya mean! LOL I appreciate the input! One more question, Any thoughts on the ss360?

·
Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Oh yea I know what ya mean! LOL I appreciate the input! One more question, Any thoughts on the ss360?
No, but I haven't seen any, or know anybody that runs them. In theory, they sound like great flotation tires, but me myself, I'll stay with buff fronts, paddle rears. Once again, your car.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Second skat 32's, I'm running 4x3 offset in the sand and factory offset on my desert tiers. The setup you were talking about was probably compensating for wheel scrub. But in the sand you do not feel or seem to deal with that like you do on hardback.
Just spend the money and use them for years at two to three trips a year.

·
Vendor
441 Posts
Hello everyone! I need some help with paddle selection.... I cant seem to find any info on tire size and paddle count versus hp levels!
I'm currently running the WS180 (215 crank HP). Would a 30x14x12 14 paddle be good? Or will i blow through them? I'm also not trying to break the bank, as these would only be used about 3 to 4 times a year. But after riding in an x3 with paddles versus mine with carnivores, I HAVE TO HAVE SOME!!! LOL Just want to say thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing some opinions!
Reason we use and sell Sandcraft Destroyer Skats, let me know if i can help with any questions. I'm also a Whalen dealer and pretty familiar with the WS180 tune. A 32" 12 paddle Talon would be a great tire for your level and also give you a little extra room if you decide to bump up power in the future.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts