Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes out to all of us doon guys who ride sand mt Nevada a lot . I know they are closed in all the blm offices was wondering what any locals are seeing going on. As we all know Halloween is coming up. I know we are all still going looks like it will be a good party with no fees.....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I heard the gates are locked at the HWY, not at the pay shack. I'm with you guys, I have an annual pass & I'll be damned if they keep us out.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't think they had gates>>>> lol I was just there last weekend. We were talking too about camping at Dixie valley and riding in the back way. Either way we need to stand up for whats ares. I have a year pass as well and guess what im going in. Well cut the gates.lol. Maybe everyone should dress up as rangers this year and say were vounlteers on patrol lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we should see how many mavericks we can get for a picture at the bottom of comp hill this year. Plan like a Friday at 4pm for picture times and introduce a lot of our selfs in person

·
Registered
179 Posts
I wish I could be there we were up there three weeks ago my wife let her sister take my mav out when I went to town and she flipped it end over end twice. Nobody got hurt but the maverick got wiped out. I'm rebuilding it right now it's getting all tricked out I will have it done for thanksgiving, any of you guys go to glamis a bunch of us are going for thanksgiving. Can Am is putting together a maverick owners ride that weekend. It would be cool get a bunch mavs together for pic at the bottom of Oldsmobile.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could be there we were up there three weeks ago my wife let her sister take my mav out when I went to town and she flipped it end over end twice. Nobody got hurt but the maverick got wiped out. I'm rebuilding it right now it's getting all tricked out I will have it done for thanksgiving, any of you guys go to glamis a bunch of us are going for thanksgiving. Can Am is putting together a maverick owners ride that weekend. It would be cool get a bunch mavs together for pic at the bottom of Oldsmobile.
That's are annual pismo trip . Or else I would be there . We go to pismo once a year and that's the week lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
We do Pismo in the summer, when it's too hot for Glamis. 65 degrees in August at Pismo vs 105 degrees at Glamis.:cool2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was there yesterday. The pay booth is taped up and there are sings saying they are closed and the bathroom will not be cleaned. There we probably 50 people out there and no one seemed worried. There were even vendors setting up. No where did it say you couldn't be there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was there yesterday. The pay booth is taped up and there are sings saying they are closed and the bathroom will not be cleaned. There we probably 50 people out there and no one seemed worried. There were even vendors setting up. No where did it say you couldn't be there.
This was at San mt ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Talked to one of the vendors up there that sells my product & verified it's open. They actually never closed it, they just put up signs of the closure. The sheriff actually got wind of what was happening & has went out there a couple times to make sure they didn't lock any gates or put up baracades.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts