·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally went out for a ride today,
Needed to find a few geocaches.

Some Interesting finds today's
1978 helicopter crash site, trails to nowhere and the dunes

I'm surprised it's this busy, we've only been here for Halloween, which is a friggin zoo.

This weekend is an ATC get together, so hopefully I get a few pictures of them..

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Nice pics! What's the temps out there?

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice pics! What's the temps out there?
Well right now it's 57 Thursday evening, Friday we're to get a good dose of rain.
60's over the weekend, then sh!t gets real on Monday and Tuesday.
Highs in the low 50's and lows in the very low 20's.
Might be staying inside the trailers;with the Crazies playing LRC and drinking adult beverages

Barbara

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few pictures from the last couple of days, went over to Middlegate for lunch on Sunday. Stopped by a few mines.

Barbara

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trip coming back from Middlegate.

Barbara

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
A little too cold Monday for us to ride.
I'm a shorts and tank top type of riding weather girl.

Barbara

Glad I don't see that white stuff anymore! NEVER liked it!!!

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your doing a very good job with the pics & commentary . Looks like your having fun thanks again.

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,760 Posts
Wow! That rain would help the dusty trial the day before, a real soaking around the camp good to keep down the dust in camp too.

Great photos

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! That rain would help the dusty trial the day before, a real soaking around the camp good to keep down the dust in camp too.

Great photos
We had a good soaking last Friday morning,. but by the afternoon the dust was back..

Barbara

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,760 Posts
🤦‍♂️🏻 well than you'll be prepared if you make it back to down to Paker, we have had some decent rain but hasn't made much difference in the dust

·
Registered
335 Posts
A little too cold Monday for us to ride.
I'm a shorts and tank top type of riding weather girl.

Barbara

Why is the Fords Hood popped? Is that black or the almost black but we call it blue like mine is?

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
We normally keep the hood popped up for varmints wanting to make a nest..
It's a desert thing..
It's gray
Barbara

I was going to say pack rats, but it seems pretty open and not much vegetation in the pic. Lots of people in Tucson that don't have garages do it.

Reactions: Sublimeshooter

·
Administrator
3,737 Posts
I was going to say pack rats, but it seems pretty open and not much vegetation in the pic. Lots of people in Tucson that don't have garages do it.
We are on the fenceline and I saw a little desert rat running around the truck and trailer ...they love to nest in engine compartment darkness. Raising the hood during daylight helps eliminate them chewing into wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We normally keep the hood popped up for varmints wanting to make a nest..
It's a desert thing..
It's gray
Barbara

Lucky for me I don’t have to put in any effort to learn anything else today.
Never heard about this trick, wonder if it works for squirrels lol.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I Learn something new everyday. Interesting.
If you live out in the desert for any length of time you will learn this one way or the other. I'm not talking about Phx/Tuc city "desert". I'm talking about more barren desert, away from the metropolitan areas.

Hopefully one learns it via others,,, like this, instead of learning it the hard way by replacing engine bay components.

I've also recently learned a couple tricks to keep desert field mice out of your Toy Hauler if you store it outdoors. (our latest TH is one foot too long for our garage) Barn Cats work great,,,, but we ended up loosing them to Coyote's. ( I was afraid of that) Also, keeping a light on underneath the TH all night, every night, seems to work well. I use a small LED flood light right now. Going to convert to LED strip lighting under the TH that I will hook up to a light sensing timer.

Just thought I'd add to BLR's comments regarding desert varmints in case it helps someone. (y)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts