Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the best dunes to ride? I live in WV and we are thinking of going somewhere in the summer, not real sure where though. WHat do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It definitely won't be Glamis in the summer time! Temps are pretty much unbearable at that time of the year. I would suggest St. Anthony dunes in Idaho as one of the ultimate summer dune destinations.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It definitely won't be Glamis in the summer time! Temps are pretty much unbearable at that time of the year. I would suggest St. Anthony dunes in Idaho as one of the ultimate summer dune destinations.
Sissy.....That's why there's A/C in the trailer, and lights on your Maverick...lol Actually I don't ride out there after mid May. Oregon dunes or St Anthony would be great for the summer. I do Pismo cuz it much closer for me, but wouldn't recommend it for a cross country destination. It's only about 1500 acers, and you can ride the entire place in an about 45 min.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Either St A's or Oregon like everyone says. St. A's has the big open dunes & Oregon has the beautiful coast with all times of riding from riding on the beach to the awesome tree shots to open dunes. Our favorite Summer destination is Oregon & St. A's is our second.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
You know what would be awesome for a Summer westcoast dune run would be to hit Glamis for a Early morning run then head up the coast to Pismo for the 4th of July then head up to Oregon and hit there Dunes then heading back home stop at St Anthony Idaho for the Finally.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
We'll be going July 4th weekend again this year for sure. Prolly once or twice more as well.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I will see if I can coordinate a trip or 2 as well. Will let you know and see if we can possibly meet up for a ride or 2.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I live less than 100 miles from St. Anthony and have driven past it 1000 times and have never been to the dunes. Now that I have something with some power I may have to give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts