Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick question. Are the top RPM's suppose to be the same in both sport high and just high. My RPM's seem to be way down. I am only getting 71-7200 RPM in regular high. My machine is all stock and I am running it at 4-6000' elevation. What can I do to get the R's up to ware they should be. Forgot to mention that the thing has less than 100 miles on it if that matters.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I don't know about the Max but I can't imagine your RPMs being that different then our 2 seaters since the cars are clutched for peak hp with the stock clutch. When you take off you rpms should be 7800 to 7900 and when your are running W0T you should stay at 7800 to 7900 rpms until your hit 75 mphs. Mine did just that at 3500 feet so you might drop to 7600 to 7700 at 4000 to 4500 but not down to 7200. Make ur dealer tune your clutch or check your belt on your clutch because something is off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Looking for more suggestions. Is there a high altitude clutch kit for us high riding guys?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looking for more suggestions. Is there a high altitude clutch kit for us high riding guys?
Yes there is but at 4000 feet you don't need it...I run my car at 3500 feet and climb to 6500 and it runs just fine dropping about 100 rpms but nothing like you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now back to the first question. Does it need to be in sport mode to see 8000 rpm or can I also get 8000 rpm in high without sport mode on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I see 8000rpm at 4200', With the Dalton kit I have seen 8050rpm on the tech a few times but it will only go 72MPH now at 8000rpm. So you have something off for sure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see 8000rpm at 4200', With the Dalton kit I have seen 8050rpm on the tech a few times but it will only go 72MPH now at 8000rpm. So you have something off for sure.
is that with the factory 0 elevation clutching?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to be in sport mode. I'm pretty sure it limits your rpm if not in sport mode.
Thank you sir, That kind of explains the whole thing. I was in regular high when I could only get 7200 rpms. didn't get a chance to try it in sport high before the roads turned really bad. I will give it try when I get back out.
and report back.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I only use sport mode.
same here...the only time it's not in sport mode is when someone messes with me and flips the switch....

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Thank you sir, That kind of explains the whole thing. I was in regular high when I could only get 7200 rpms. didn't get a chance to try it in sport high before the roads turned really bad. I will give it try when I get back out.
and report back.
Your car should hit 8000 non sport mode as well mine did when bone stock

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did anyone ever end up with a high altitude clutch kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts