Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw these and thought I'd share...

"S3 Powersports Heavy Duty Tie Rods for the Can Am Maverick. The S3 Powersports factory replacements are made of thick walled DOM tubing and threaded to take factory heim joints. The heavy duty tie rods are direct replacements for the factory aluminum ones that are susceptible to bending under difficult riding conditions. Powder coated can am yellow and ready to ship"

Call Dustin (318) 221-7097
$150 + tax (for the pair)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363108323.937457.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363108356.368530.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363108369.919619.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363108381.753301.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363108390.069790.jpg

·
Registered
806 Posts
Utv has them but you got to drill out the spindle, it's probably a bad idea to make it weaker don't you think.

Reactions: duke3577

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Turnkey has way nicer ones for same price also solid billet not tubed and comes with new end for spindle to !

also turnkeys tierods covers the whole threaded joint on both ends to much stronger !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just the tie rod bending, so far. I imagine that once a tougher tie rod is installed it will start snapping the ends instead, especially the solid ones. I bent my right front tie rod at some point in time, don't know when, and called the dealer to try and get warranty. Can am said that if you hit it hard enough to bend that tie rod that the rack is damaged and needs replaced as well. No warranty on any of it. I honestly have never jumped my rig or in my opinion ever done anything to cause it to bend, but whatever.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I need some rods for the rear a-arms also lol
Thought you already fixed yours with tape and wrenches. Probably stronger that the paper thin hollow aluminum.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thought you already fixed yours with tape and wrenches. Probably stronger that the paper thin hollow aluminum.
To be honest if I had more tape I would have finished the ride, I was a wrench and roll of tape short so I had to go home lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i dont think the rears ones are hallow ? or are they

and are they steel or aluminum like the front ,

the front are hallow aluminum !

To be honest if I had more tape I would have finished the ride, I was a wrench and roll of tape short so I had to go home lol
do u know if the rears are hallow or solid ?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm pretty sure hollow but it was dark out when we was band aiding it .. Ill cut the tape and wrenches off lol and take some pics

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ok cool thanks man !

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm gonna order the Turn key tie rods. Does anyone have them yet?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm pretty sure hollow but it was dark out when we was band aiding it .. Ill cut the tape and wrenches off lol and take some pics
The way you landed I though it was going to be a tension break, but that is obviously a compression (bend) break. Pretty tough to strengthen against that without replacing the whole thing from bushing to ball joint with a larger rod.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ordered mine Feb 27,,,,,Still waiting
Damn. Found them on ebay from Turn key. 3 days for 15 bucks. Guess cause u in Canada, I hope.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts