Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought the S3 Chromoly upper and lower a-arms for my 2020 Can Am maverick x3. I also bought the S3 bushing kit to go with the a arms. They are self lube bushings and s3 told me not to use any grease... Like not at all and to run it dry. Has any one ever heard of this? That seems crazy talk. They don't even put in grease zerks lol.

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
now with that said I ALWAYS use neverseize on any bolt shoulder(not threads). It helps with removal.

remember the metal sleeve inside the bushings is supposed to say put and the ID of the bushings pivot on that sleeve. It would not hurt to put a super light coat on the outside of the sleeve.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now with that said I ALWAYS use neverseize on any bolt shoulder(not threads). It helps with removal.

remember the metal sleeve inside the bushings is supposed to say put and the ID of the bushings pivot on that sleeve. It would not hurt to put a super light coat on the outside of the sleeve.
ok i will thank you so much.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There are several brands that do not use grease.....like Mega suggested, grease the sleeve and bolt

I have some no grease bushings on mine, I do use a little grease .....they are so tight you can’t really get any grease into them anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts