Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys starting to learn to drive this visco lok with a few pointers from some members. I've watched videos on how it engages but I have one question. Does the first front tire have to spin 7 turns or just rotate 7 turns before it engages?:disappointed::saint::crazy:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thats a good damn question. Wonder whats in it now. Throw some 90w in that bitch. Someone should try it. Not it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read my post and wonder if I was clear. I'm assuming the first tire locks immediately, then wondering if all it takes to lock the second front tire is rolling seven revolutions. Or does it have to lose traction for seven turns?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
No it's a sealed unit. It's not the diff fluid that has to be changed. And yes it needs to spin 3-7 times before it engages, not just rotate

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The fluid I very weird. Like a silicon or something. I had a qe in the commander an pulle it to redo the seals and such and broke the seal an the stuff is weird. U can't fix the seal ether. Sux

·
Registered
28 Posts
4 turns on my maverick diff that I installed in my outlander, know the original visco in my 07 outlander was like 7-8 turns and the qe is almost instant

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have checked mine more than once and I don't think it is a certain number of revolutions but a certain speed that the wheel has to spin. I can stop at the top of a creek bank and try to creep up it and the other tire will almost never engage, but you can floor it and it will engage right away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts