Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just got my s&b and the exit is at the bottom of separater won't that throw dirt on my intercooler.this is for my 2020 maverick rs turbo r.
THIS is the correct X3 S&B application from their website, which is what it looks like you have. The fan is pointing downward as shown in your picture, but that's where exhaust (clean) air from the fan, not dirt, should be exiting. The dirt/dust should be exiting through the duct, which is shown underneath the fan (which is similar to the picture you posted, which is upside down compared to this one). Nothing is (or should be) hitting your intercooler except clean air that's blasting downward from the fan.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
288 Posts
THIS is the correct X3 S&B application from their website, which is what it looks like you have. The fan is pointing downward as shown in your picture, but that's where exhaust (clean) air from the fan, not dirt, should be exiting. The dirt/dust should be exiting through the duct, which is shown underneath the fan (which is similar to the picture you posted, which is upside down compared to this one). Nothing is (or should be) hitting your intercooler except clean air that's blasting downward from the fan.

What?

The clean air goes through the duct and into the airbox which S&B provides. The dirty air comes out of the fan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry for my choice of words, I stated that bass ackwards...! :ROFLMAO:

The air enters the intake through the large snorkel like device with the holes in it and the fan pulls (separates) the dirt/dust out of it so mostly clean air goes to the intake through the hose and the dirt/dust is blown out through the backside of the fan,

I know the positioning is adjustable and I would NOT want it venting on my intercooler, that re-route kit looks like it'd work great if you need to use it, just another $50 you'd have to come up with.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Here's the rear exit to help avoid pushing dirt into the intercooler. When I called S&B they didn't have a good explanation as to why they changed the exhaust setup, but they were more than willing to sell me the old style exhaust. Luckily my new one came with the old style exit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's the rear exit to help avoid pushing dirt into the intercooler. When I called S&B they didn't have a good explanation as to why they changed the exhaust setup, but they were more than willing to sell me the old style exhaust. Luckily my new one came with the old style exit.
I just installed mine last week that I purchased from rocky mountain ATV and it had the (V2) exhaust on it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^ excellent info, thanks! It'd be nice to know ahead of time what version you're getting so you don't end up needing to spend extra for the hose kit or rear exhaust...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Hdrjoe, do you know if Mav turbo uses the same filter as the X3, if so do you have a filter number. I was going to just take in to drive train and see if they could get one to work. The price of an inner filter would be well worth the cost.
I have a Sport XRC and the filter is the same as an X3. I gave my new filter to a friend with an X3 because I had bought 2 R2C filters for it. They are cleanable and can be wash out with a hose. Used them for 4600 miles and the intakes were perfectly clean when I put a new filter in. I sold the machine and bought a KRX 1000 but have one of the R2C filters.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts