Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was finally able to get back in the dirt last weekend, however we had so much rain there was hardly any dust. So really not sure how much difference, if any, there is with the new unit. Hopefully I'll find some dust sometime in the next few weeks.

The probably just got the old filter back today so I doubt they've had a chance to look at it yet. If I hear anything I'll post it up.
Anything new from the folks @ S & B ???

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Not yet. I’ll send them a message and see if they found anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Robin called this morning and said the techs took mine apart and didn't find anything wrong with it. So we'll see how this new one works, not sure when I'll get some more silt time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I know the hardcore riders will laugh at this placement but I put the S&B on roof. In Arizona I don't get into that much mud it mostly dust. I've never rolled one so even though I not particularly fond of the looks, its incredibly functional and effective. TgXZ7nglQFO1ItBz4OympA.jpg

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
So I know the hardcore riders will laugh at this placement but I put the S&B on roof. In Arizona I don't get into that much mud it mostly dust. I've never rolled one so even though I not particularly fond of the looks, its incredibly functional and effective.
Seems practical. I mounted mine above the roof also but on the rear cross bar. Had it mounted below but didn't like it blocking my view out the back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So I know the hardcore riders will laugh at this placement but I put the S&B on roof. In Arizona I don't get into that much mud it mostly dust. I've never rolled one so even though I not particularly fond of the looks, its incredibly functional and effective. View attachment 231991
One thing to keep on mind, if you ever operate it in a heavy rain you will saturate the air filter and restrict its flow, it will throw a fault code and go in to limp mode until the condition changes. If you encounter that situation you can just disconnect the hose from the unit and fasten it into the cab area for some better air. From my experience the limp mode will go away but not the fault code will remain until cleared ether by a dealer or a unit like a dyno jet unit.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I hated the S&B universal mount and dryer duct hose, so I made my own.

S&B mod 1.jpg

S&B mod 2.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two questions:

Where are your rear shock nitrogen reservoirs?

Is that auxiliary gas container over the engine bay?
Mine didn't have the nitrogen Shock reservoirs. And yes its a roto pack gas can, I had it on top of the tire to start with, not alot of other places to put it.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
One thing to keep on mind, if you ever operate it in a heavy rain you will saturate the air filter and restrict its flow, it will throw a fault code and go in to limp mode until the condition changes. If you encounter that situation you can just disconnect the hose from the unit and fasten it into the cab area for some better air. From my experience the limp mode will go away but not the fault code will remain until cleared ether by a dealer or a unit like a dyno jet unit.
So you are saying that the S&B particle separator will allow water from rain to get into the air filter? Is this from experience? I've ridden in rain before with no issues but never inspected my air filter right after for water.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
So you are saying that the S&B particle separator will allow water from rain to get into the air filter? Is this from experience? I've ridden in rain before with no issues but never inspected my air filter right after for water.
Same questions. I ride in the rain and pressure wash my car with the engine running the separator gets hit with direct spray and the filter is never wet. I would think the pressure washer hits the separator with more water than it would get from a heavy down pour?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Probably my biggest complaint about the SB is the way the hose exits the side of the housing. You can't even mount it in the center of the car without having to make the hose double back.

As for mounting, keep in mind you don't really need to put it where it acts like some sort of hood scoop. It doesn't need ram air to work properly. Just don't mount it facing backwards or in some fashion that puts a vacuum in front of the intake.

The switchpro is great for wiring things like this. I program the button to be on with ignition, and to have memory so that when you shut the power off it remembers to turn on again when you start the car. And of course wiring it that way just required the two wires that run to the unit itself so you can ditch the rest of that big harness.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Same questions. I ride in the rain and pressure wash my car with the engine running the separator gets hit with direct spray and the filter is never wet. I would think the pressure washer hits the separator with more water than it would get from a heavy down pour?
The problem I encountered was riding in a very heavy rain @ probably 40 plus MPH trying to get out of an area before the mud became to deep and the particle separator just passed to much water into the air filter and restricted its flow to the point it was a problem. It corrected its self when the rain stopped and the filter became a bit dryer. However the check engine code had to be cleared.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Info on your wrap?

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 246 Posts