Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here put the S&B particle separator on their X3 yet, mine came in today and i installed it just above the sport top, cool setup and easy install, guess it will keep 94% of the dirt out of the filter and guarantees that you won't need to change the filer for a year, i will still keep an eye on it through out this year, also having the donaldson filter and housing on it looks a lot like the filter in one of my skidsteers so i am going to look into seeing if i can put an inner filter inside the outer filter that way it will be double filtered like on some of my equipment, looking inside the housing it has the inner filter ring for a double filter setup, what do you guys think, Good idea or not? Sorry but i can't post pic's from my computer as it no longer works with my phone, How do you post pic's from a iphone 6s?

·
Premium Member
10,467 Posts
Easiest way to post pics is either using photobucket, or you could just save them to your desk top, and retrieve them from there.

Reactions: Rick RS

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have no idea what was just said. Not trying to be dick-ish, but does your period key not work?

I installed my seperator a couple weeks ago. It seems to work very well. Mine is between the upper and lower cross beams, mounted to the big 2+ inch bar.

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
965 Posts
He said the Donaldson is like the one on a skid steer he has. It has a double filter. He wondered if its possible to put one on the X3 and if that would be a good idea or not. Double filter that is.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I have no idea what was just said. Not trying to be dick-ish, but does your period key not work?

I installed my seperator a couple weeks ago. It seems to work very well. Mine is between the upper and lower cross beams, mounted to the big 2+ inch bar.

So the million dollar question. Does it noticeably cut down the intake noise behind the driver??

·
Registered
638 Posts
You hear the fan, until you start the car. Once the car is running you can't hear the particle fan. As for it cutting down intake noise, I have no clue. I can't hear jack diddly over my exhaust.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes my period key does work!

I figured most people would be able to follow.

I'm not trying to be dick-ish either.

I guess i'm being lazy. Sorry for the inconvenience!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone here put the S&B particle separator on their X3 yet, mine came in today and i installed it just above the sport top, cool setup and easy install, guess it will keep 94% of the dirt out of the filter and guarantees that you won't need to change the filer for a year, i will still keep an eye on it through out this year, also having the donaldson filter and housing on it looks a lot like the filter in one of my skidsteers so i am going to look into seeing if i can put an inner filter inside the outer filter that way it will be double filtered like on some of my equipment, looking inside the housing it has the inner filter ring for a double filter setup, what do you guys think, Good idea or not? Sorry but i can't post pic's from my computer as it no longer works with my phone, How do you post pic's from a iphone 6s?
yes you can put an inner filter in it. Put one in my Mav turbo. Extra piece of mind. Just picked it up from Napa.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the million dollar question. Does it noticeably cut down the intake noise behind the driver??
Sorry Sandman, I haven't had a chance to ride yet but when I do I will let you know. As for the noise I was wondering if I might be able to take the back panels out and put some noise deadening backing on them I might give that a try in the near future.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Hdrjoe, do you know if Mav turbo uses the same filter as the X3, if so do you have a filter number. I was going to just take in to drive train and see if they could get one to work. The price of an inner filter would be well worth the cost.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Can you put up some pictures? I don't suppose there is a way to fit it with the linq rack and a spare on it. Honestly doesn't look like theres any way to fit it there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you put up some pictures? I don't suppose there is a way to fit it with the linq rack and a spare on it. Honestly doesn't look like theres any way to fit it there.
Sorry snowbrdd, I can't get the pic's from my phone to the computer. If you want to pm me with you'r number I would be glad to send you pic's that way. My link rack will be in later this week and I can get pic's with the rack and S&B filter if you want.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just a little PSA for those that are having issues with getting pictures off your phone or devices. If you can't plug it into your computer there is always the option of texting them to your email. Then you can download them off your email and upload to your various photo sharing sites or straight to here.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just a little PSA for those that are having issues with getting pictures off your phone or devices. If you can't plug it into your computer there is always the option of texting them to your email. Then you can download them off your email and upload to your various photo sharing sites or straight to here.
Also if you want a lot of people use the app Tapatalk, it's very easy to import pictures using that app. It might take some time to learn how to navigate the forum through it at first but once you learn it makes everything easier. This is a screen shot while writing this post so you can see the that all you do to post a pic is use the mountain icon and select your picture from your phone gallery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I installed the S&B filter to the upper bar, just below my LSR roof. I was concerned about the additional noise from the filter, but I think that there is actually less noise coming into my ears! It is a sweet set-up, and when I get the X3 back from the dealer I will take a picture and attempt to post.

I have over 2,000 miles and over 100 hours on the X3. Only problem was the steering rack back in September, some noise from the front shaft (no grease fitting), and the clanking from the rear (clamps on sway bar took care of that).

Love the X3!

Jerry

·
Premium Member
10,467 Posts
Just asking, but is it "really" worth the price? I think I saw $420? I'm not being conformational, because I buy stuff probably no one else will, LOL.

1 - 20 of 261 Posts