Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
So BRP spends hundreds of thousands of dollars testing their version of an air filtration system, which is covered under a warranty. So, if I spend $450 and something goes wrong with my engine the dealer can say the air intake is no longer in factory condition, they cannot fix it under warranty. Meaning now you are out the $450 plus whatever the cost is to fix your engine. I'm leaving well enough alone. He didn't talk about how much power the particle separator uses, that needs to be factored in with any accessories you will be running at the same time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So BRP spends hundreds of thousands of dollars testing their version of an air filtration system, which is covered under a warranty. So, if I spend $450 and something goes wrong with my engine the dealer can say the air intake is no longer in factory condition, they cannot fix it under warranty. Meaning now you are out the $450 plus whatever the cost is to fix your engine. I'm leaving well enough alone. He didn't talk about how much power the particle separator uses, that needs to be factored in with any accessories you will be running at the same time.
CanAm sells this as a factory accessory so I would bet it would be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The particle separator is what will save your engine from dirt damage. If something happens to the engine then take it off before you take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The particle separator is what will save your engine from dirt damage. If something happens to the engine then take it off before you take it to the dealer.
You doing that are the reason why we pay more for our cars. I hope you get caught doing shady stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You doing that are the reason why we pay more for our cars. I hope you get caught doing shady stuff like that.
Wow Dude , We pay this much because the factory comes up with an inflated MSRP as a guideline for the dealers. Warranty company's will turn you down for anything that is not stock weather it has anything to do with the damage. It has happened to me several times! Just recently the rear output shaft internal splines stripped out on my X3 and because my tires were not stock size they declined it. Stated to much load on the gearbox! Note that I was told you can go up in size and it would not be an issue. What they do not tell you is your only allowed to go up one size! It does not matter that the same exact part is used in the 2021 XRC with 32" tires and 25 more Horsepower. So you can crawl back under the desert rock you came from an screw yourself, cause your an idiot!

·
Registered
124 Posts
You just answered my question. If it's not stock they will deny you your warranty. So either take the chance or leave it stock. Obviously, you are not very smart because you said exactly what I was getting at and you made yourself look dumb. Either way do what you want and I'll do what I want. One thing for sure is I will never commit insurance or warranty fraud.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well My pappy used to say "Never argue with a fool, one might not know the difference" So we are done here Mr. self righteous .

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Warranty? Whats that? You mean that 6mo thing they give you...

Or that extended you paid for but will never use. Lol...

Sorry but warranties on TOYS arent worth loosing any sleep over.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Your probably still running around on crappy Bighorns too. Worried about loosing that warranty if you switch em out...LOL😂😂😂

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dealer tried to sell me a particle separator when I went in for a oil and filter kit for my first oil change (2019 X3 XRCR) I don’t remember his exact words, but basically he said the can am encourages we put the particle separator on. And like I said I don’t remember how he worded it but he talked about the warranty and said something along the lines that it helps with the warranty or extended it in some aspect of the warranty or something. I just remember that the price for the particle separator was somehow offset (only a little I think) by helping in the warranty or something. So as far as taking it off to take in for a warranty issue isn’t necessary, it’s more beneficial to let them know/see it’s on there. Actually I think he said that BRP will add it to the warranty and it will be automatically warranted just as if it came on the car factory.

And as far at the stupid comment about “that’s why we pay so much for these cars“, the reason we pay so much for these cars is because big business recognized a huge fad and is taking full advantage of it, along with easy financing they are milking every dollar out of us! These cars could be built better for the price they asked, but no, they actually designed it so it will get buy, but if we want it better we have to add in all the gussets and better made parts JUST so they can milk us for more of are hard earned money. The car is pre set up for all the add on’s, pre marked holes to drill, holes already drilled to bolt on a new aftermarket roll cage, instead of adding thicker bars from the factory. So don’t cry about the gray line between warranty‘s and stuff it just makes you look like a dumb ass!! And that’s all I have to say about that! Forest Gump 😁

·
Registered
139 Posts
How reliable are the S&B units, has anyone ever seen or heard of one failing?

Still not clear if the separation is done actively or passively?

Has anyone pulled one apart and explained it for people curious exactly how it operates?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've had mine for a year and a half,,,, almost 1k on the clock. It's on whenever I run, and have not had any issues as of yet.

It's active,, one fan to extract the dirt/dust.

No need to pull it apart....... 1.6 seconds and a google search later,,,,, Here you go

·
Registered
443 Posts
How reliable are the S&B units, has anyone ever seen or heard of one failing?
On my second S&B - air filter started getting dirty WAY to fast. The S&B had been on the X3 since it was new in ‘17 and had 35,000+ miles of use so I thought MAYBE it was time for a new one.

Dealer put a new one on and it still wasn’t working - turned out the ducting/pipe was disconnected from the back of the air box. Re-connected it and all was well.

So, there was nothing wrong with the original S&B - it survived and lasted longer than ALMOST every other part of the vehicle, including the motor.

Gave it away to a friend - he’s enjoying not having to swap filters every few hundred miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will the particle separator push enough air into an engine needing a high flow air intake system? My tuner said I need a cold air Intake for more air flow To get my HP gains. It let in dust so I took it off And put In the bigger air tube from the stock box. I’m planning on putting on a UMP for more air flow and clean air. It seems to me like the particle separator don’t flow allot of air So how can it work with the higher horsepower machines??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts