Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I think I screwed up. More out of necessity than anything lol. I picked up a turbo R 4 seat rzr. I still have an RS on order waiting for it. It should come in June. I'm trying to decide what to do. To be honest, I love most things about the turbo R. It's a good size, tons of clearance, everything seems super beefed up, tie down spots all over the place, the interior is very well built, huge trunk space. I really love everything about it apart from the fact that it doesn't ride nearly as good as my old XRS did. I would float over bumps in the XRS. I felt like can am is a little cheap on the interior compared to the rzr turbo r but it road like a dream. Now I'm torn on whether or not I sell my Turbo R sport and get the RS.

This is long winded, apologies. Would love to hear from anyone that has owned the RS version or currently has it. Feel free to offer your opinions and thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
That's great information.

I am not a Polaris fan after owning one that blew up from dirt infiltration on a factory filter, they did cover it but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

With that said I have been keeping my eye on the new Polaris but I'm not up on the new models.

Is the one you got the new pro model or whatever?

Tim

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
1,228 Posts
Guys, I think I screwed up. More out of necessity than anything lol. I picked up a turbo R 4 seat rzr. I still have an RS on order waiting for it. It should come in June. I'm trying to decide what to do. To be honest, I love most things about the turbo R. It's a good size, tons of clearance, everything seems super beefed up, tie down spots all over the place, the interior is very well built, huge trunk space. I really love everything about it apart from the fact that it doesn't ride nearly as good as my old XRS did. I would float over bumps in the XRS. I felt like can am is a little cheap on the interior compared to the rzr turbo r but it road like a dream. Now I'm torn on whether or not I sell my Turbo R sport and get the RS.

This is long winded, apologies. Would love to hear from anyone that has owned the RS version or currently has it. Feel free to offer your opinions and thoughts.

Thanks!
Have your shocks reworked by a competent suspension shop. The only thing the XRS has going for it compared to the Turbo R is the engine. The suspension is really a matter of preference and where you ride. My short list for that car would be springs, valving, head studs/head bolt retorque, and a tune.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great information.

I am not a Polaris fan after owning one that blew up from dirt infiltration on a factory filter, they did cover it but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

With that said I have been keeping my eye on the new Polaris but I'm not up on the new models.

Is the one you got the new pro model or whatever?

Tim
I have the Turbo R model, new but not the Pro R line. Same engine as the pro xp but a lot of the same components as the Pro R. It's a really nice machine. In my opinion, it seems way better built than my previous can am. But man, it doesn't ride like my can am did. :( I was super bummed. I feel bad complaining about being able to have such a nice machine but that xrs was so nice to drive. smooth over everything, desert, sand, trail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have your shocks reworked by a competent suspension shop. The only thing the XRS has going for it compared to the Turbo R is the engine. The suspension is really a matter of preference and where you ride. My short list for that car would be springs, valving, head studs/head bolt retorque, and a tune.
Any recommendation on a competent suspension shop? I've heard mixed things from users of shock therapy. I know there are a few out there.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Which shock package do you have on your Pro R?

As far as shock tuners:
Tom Morris if he does RZR shocks.
SDG in San Diego area - they do shock work for the top trophy truck teams and they do really good work on UTV shocks.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I have the Turbo R with the walker evan set up.
I would get those shocks revalved and new springs. It will ride much better once that is done.

I would contact Walker Evans directly and see what they will charge. They are located in Riverside, CA.

Not sure where you are located as that could dictate other options.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Polaris has woken up to showroom appeal sells more units.
For years the Polaris fit and finish sucked.
Also, I always felt like our Rzrs were tipsy and about to roll over. Occasionally they did in spite of wider wheels and other precautions.

I never get that feeling with our X3's.
Just plain and simple more fun to drive and easier to look at.

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
Polaris has woken up to showroom appeal sells more units.
For years the Polaris fit and finish sucked.
Also, I always felt like our Rzrs were tipsy and about to roll over. Occasionally they did in spite of wider wheels and other precautions.

I never get that feeling with our X3's.
Just plain and simple more fun to drive and easier to look at.
Well that part is NOT true if you think tractors are sexy!

From what I hear some folks think tractors are sexy...
:oops:

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts