Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to carry a spare on my rig. I like the concept of the new 1000xp hinged spare tire carrier. Someone with skills (there are a few people on here MORE than capable) should be able to whip something up! I mentioned it to Alex @ CT and it sounds like he's already put some thought into it. What do y'all think?

Here is a UTVinc rear bumper that would accommodate something like this. I like how they tied the bumper into the cage. Maybe Utvinc should be the one to make it?

Here are a few of the carrier. The hinge makes the cargo area easily accessible. I played around with this at the polaris dealer and it worked great. I bet something could be made without having to purchase a whole new rear bumper too. They sell the RZR one for $279 as a direct bolt on - that would be nice....

·
Registered
502 Posts
If somebody does this I'm in I want one. I'm trying to add some weight in the rear for some intense wheelieing

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
20130817_101906.jpg
I have been looking at this too, and my wheels have been spinning. The main thing is it needs to have a good hinge system so it doesn't rattle & drive you insane on the trail and gives you plenty of room for the cargo area so you can pack your gear in for overnight camping trips.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off topic - I like your wheel and tire combo! Also noticed your doors seem to fit nicer than mine. Are they Maverick Blingstar doors? The front of mine (blingstar mav) just come straight down and do not have the extra jog down low.

You would benefit from a safari rack up top. You carry a LOT of gear.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
his side panels are also custom. Look at the gas cap location...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
his side panels are also custom. Look at the gas cap location...
hes running the blingstar commander doors there 6'' wider and look cool to just takes a lil time and mods to fit those panels come with the doors

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Off topic - I like your wheel and tire combo! Also noticed your doors seem to fit nicer than mine. Are they Maverick Blingstar doors? The front of mine (blingstar mav) just come straight down and do not have the extra jog down low.

You would benefit from a safari rack up top. You carry a LOT of gear.
STI slik-kote wheels & 30" mongrels. The doors are Blingstar Commander doors modified to fit the Maverick. It was a PITA but I like them alot better than the ones designed for the Mav. I actually put these on before Blingstar had Maverick doors and the only option was the factory low cut ProArmors at the time - I still think they are the best looking doors out there, I like how they follow the body line. The Safari rack puts too much weight up high, we'll do some pretty nasty rock crawling at times & dont want the weight any higher than it has to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have this?

im going to work on this. ill have something ready by the end of the year for sure
I had a RZR 1000 that ended up at the bottom of a mountain, just bought a X MR and I too am looking for this set up. I had this on my Razor and it is awesome. Please send me a price if you have it done.

·
Registered
244 Posts
this is what I bought and mounted it to the top of the roll cage and have really liked it so far. I know you where looking for one with back bones and a rear bumper but this keeps the tire out of the way and every thing in the bed is easy to get at

Factory UTV Can Am Commander Spare Tire Mount

·
Registered
207 Posts
this is what I bought and mounted it to the top of the roll cage and have really liked it so far. I know you where looking for one with back bones and a rear bumper but this keeps the tire out of the way and every thing in the bed is easy to get at

Factory UTV Can Am Commander Spare Tire Mount
Could you post a couple pics of this mounted Bountiful Mav? Looked at this before but always wonder if it stuck up above the cage?

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
244 Posts
sure but it will be a couple days its not parked at my house. it does stick up above the cage a little

1 - 16 of 16 Posts