Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with you about it being a boring place if we all had the same thing, but I also think you should drive a mav. The total machine comfort along with the power is hard to beat. On another note, I would like to see the xp1k's front diff in action to see if it is as shitty as my visco lock. I hope it is, lol.
early reports are that it is working good.
a couple vids have been posted that kind of show the front pulling:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think someone said it best. If you bought one of these to drag race you chose poorly. I want to hear how it does in the dunes. As far as cheating the race, I'm just thinking out loud here, if he was going to cheat the Wildcat X would have won. He has skin in that game and could probably care less about all of the other rides.

·
Registered
713 Posts
why Its just a normal mav ...but anyways here it is....Johnny I will find out from Kelly at KMS Performance what time it will be done and will roll over on Saturday when its complete...

I thought it was a "Tuned Mav" :) What have you done to tune it and why would it be any faster?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Those pic's show a good comparison. At least the 1k is a full size SxS

·
Registered
806 Posts
Guess cuz they had a cell phone in their hands and not a go pro.

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
711 Posts
molly fudge that video was bad. it literally made me almost sick and dizzy trying to watch it. whatever they were doing to record that video, i recommend that nobody else try that. amazingly bad videos. what kinda phone does that kinda video now-a-days. heck 3 years ago my nokia did better vids than that. now-a-days with all the new modern phones these things are recording in full HD. they must have had the record setting on "limit for MMS" gosh they were bad. i am still dizzy even after spending the last 3 minutes to type this rant.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
That video was anything but comparing real races that's for sure !!!

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
a couple pics that have been posted to show the size of the 1000xp vs a 900xp:

Actually, the XP1000 is not a crazy amount bigger than the xp900 or the Maverick. If you put those 29" tires on a Maveick or XP900 it will make them look huge too.

I was checking all of them out at a dealer yesterday and other than the longer wheelbase it truely is not that much bigger. It sits up tall, but so does the Maverick. The wildcat X is actually a little longer, but looks tiny because the XP1000 has those big ass tires.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
I thought it was a "Tuned Mav" :) What have you done to tune it and why would it be any faster?
I beleive he has air intake, clutch and whatever tricks KMS has come up with. There are no internal motor changes. Everything was bolt on or at least it was the last time I talked to USAGUY. The clutch and air intake can make a big difference on the motor.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
"The clutch and air intake can make a big difference on the motor"
I agree IF you also have an exhaust that eliminates the cat

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
again. the main point for 98% of people. what you pay, what you get, what you really will use mostly, where you ride and how it forms, fits and functions. for the racer, dollar to dollar, what you can have for the same price equally.

I still say for the hype popo made of it, stock to stock, its way OVER blown, its not even closely worth its price when compared to mav, its not a blow away sxs, end of day its still popo .

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Simple as that - at the end of day it still says pooplaris on it !!! Lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
Boy am I glad im not the first person to put up a video of a Popo 1000 and a Maverick race. You guys are harsh... Thanks for the video........ Still glad I own a Can Am...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have my turbo ordered... should help the 1000 get around the dunes...

MCX was tuning the clutch and set up a short race.

Stock 1000 vs turbo 1000.
turbo wins by several lengths in a short race.
I don't think it will be much faster than a turbo 900 though, if at all, because of the weight.
But it will sure be nice to be floating through the dunes on a turbo 1000!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Kelly at kms performance has a pump gas turbo mav that puts out over 200 hp n will outrun my 400 +hp car zero to 60..a turbo done right on a mav is a beast

41 - 60 of 68 Posts