Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I tell ya what these things all haul Ass and the only place in the world you need tons of Power is in the Sand or Mud. Most people don't Have the Skill to really maintain control of a stock Rhino on the trail, now they can Buy 100+ HP Jeeez watch out. I see the Salvage Sales across the Country full of the XP900 and now the Wildcats and some Mavericks Coming. LMFAO. Stand on the Fun Pedal on Hard Pack and these things Wanna go sideways and most People have know Idea how to Drive so they go off the road or hit trees or Just simply Roll them. The Salvage Yards are Gonna look like a Bag of Spilled M&Ms.

Reactions: TxChristopher

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
I let off on the 900 race befor him because the guys where in the road but it was ahead of the 900 about the same as the others the 1000 was pulling away from all of them still when we let off
Johnny I will be in Phoenix on Sat over the holiday and can stop by a race the xp1000 if you will be around. Tuned Maverick against xp1000.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
like I said, except for the 1% who lives for the race and hp and who it matters most to, its not even a point as they could mod either machine to death and get what they want anyway and no way is it even close to stock. to the next 1 % who want most hp/speed out of the box only, then 107 wins. now for the 98% who want the full package, I think canam mav wins 3 to 1. especially when most will only briefly ever take it to the limits and 99% of there ride time is under 60mph or trails. I don't care if they have 150 hp, im not going faster than around 60 in any case, and way less in the trails. so it comes to form fit and function and value, appearance, ride and such. again, mav wins. however we all know canam is just weeks to months from top hp again, guaranteed

·
Official Site Vendor
525 Posts
One "length" is when the car behind has its front even with the rear of the car in front of it. Therefore, it would take one "car length" to be even, and you lost by 1 length when your front is even with the other guys rear. If there is a car length between them, that is TWO lengths, as you would need to gain one full length to be even with the rear then 1 full length to be dead even.

None of them were even within two lengths of the XP1000 at the "finish line" in the video. They were all at least 2 lengths back or more and all looked to be losing ground to the XP1000 as time went on, as in the gap was growing should the race continue.

Is that a fair assessment Johnny?
Yes Sir

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think it's funny how they set the Maverick back 1-2 full lengths at the start of the race. Nice try with the optical illusion, but it's very obvious.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't know that I agree with your assessment there Kris. However the bottom line is the xp1k is not all it was touted to be performance wise, and certainly not worth the extra change you have to spend to get it. Take a bone stock Maverick and put a clutch in it to fix what ultimately is a factory design flaw/defect and the Maverick will beat it off the line...and leave you thousands of dollars left for BEER MONEY! Now THAT is a sound investment boys....and Barbara. ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It would also be nice to have spec's on each vehicle ,such as bone stock XP1K vs Maverick w/?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
USAGUY,

Lets see a picture of that Maverick you keep talking about.
why Its just a normal mav ...but anyways here it is....Johnny I will find out from Kelly at KMS Performance what time it will be done and will roll over on Saturday when its complete...

Attachments

·
Official Site Vendor
6,940 Posts
It would also be nice to have spec's on each vehicle ,such as bone stock XP1K vs Maverick w/?
all cars PERFORMANCE wise are BONE stock.

2013.5 Arctic Cat Wildcat X: Brand new off the showroom floor model - nothing done to it at all.

2013 Polaris Walker Evans Edition XP 900: STOCK MOTOR, CLUTCH, ECU, INTAKE, EXHAUST, ETC. Cage, roof, seats, rear bumper, doors, harnesses.

2013 Can Am Maverick: Stock motor, clutch, ecu, intake, exhaust, etc. Cage, roof, seats, doors, rear bumper, front bumper, harnesses.

2014 Polaris XP 1000: Stock motor, clutch, ecu, intake, etc. Seats, harnesses.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,940 Posts
why Its just a normal mav ...but anyways here it is....Johnny I will find out from Kelly at KMS Performance what time it will be done and will roll over on Saturday when its complete...
We are here 10AM to 3PM on Saturday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know that I agree with your assessment there Kris. However the bottom line is the xp1k is not all it was touted to be performance wise, and certainly not worth the extra change you have to spend to get it. Take a bone stock Maverick and put a clutch in it to fix what ultimately is a factory design flaw/defect and the Maverick will beat it off the line...and leave you thousands of dollars left for BEER MONEY! Now THAT is a sound investment boys....and Barbara. ;)
Go drive one and then see if you think it isn't worth the money.
I haven't driven a Maverick, but after driving the XP-1000 at Dunefest I had no doubt that I wanted one.
But hey, I'm glad we like different things. It would be a boring place if we all drove the same machine with the same mods and same accessories...
I ride with friends that have all different brands of SxS, quads, and rails. :)

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
I thought your Commander was in Califronia.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Go drive one and then see if you think it isn't worth the money.
I haven't driven a Maverick, but after driving the XP-1000 at Dunefest I had no doubt that I wanted one.
But hey, I'm glad we like different things. It would be a boring place if we all drove the same machine with the same mods and same accessories...
I ride with friends that have all different brands of SxS, quads, and rails. :)
I agree with you about it being a boring place if we all had the same thing, but I also think you should drive a mav. The total machine comfort along with the power is hard to beat. On another note, I would like to see the xp1k's front diff in action to see if it is as shitty as my visco lock. I hope it is, lol.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts