Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's what I've been saying all along! I think they gona hurt some of our feelings! However for the price difference it won't hurt mine, and a clutch on a maverick should at least make it a dead heat!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The polaris has a decent clutch, as polaris seems to have at least some clue on how to make a clutch. Can-Am? Not so much. I'd love to see that race with a clutched Mav. Might even beat it. It's been proven we lose a chunk of HP to the wheels because of the doodoo clutch.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
A chunk of HP? Try about 10 HP to the wheels per Alba's dyno run, of which Benzo politely reminded me today.

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im glad we finally get to see a video where the xp1k beats anything. I was beginning to feel really bad for the poopoo guys.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Actually the video shows the 1k barely beating the 900 and yet beating the Mav by 2 lengths. I beat 900 by 3 lengths every time before I had clutches so it will be a very close race now.

·
Official Site Vendor
525 Posts
I let off on the 900 race befor him because the guys where in the road but it was ahead of the 900 about the same as the others the 1000 was pulling away from all of them still when we let off

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think 1 link at best, however it would have been great to see a finish line type photo, like you see on horse races where you clearly see the exact distance. in any case spend a grand, clutch it, and maverick will beat the xp1000. I can say I saw it last night, near vegas, about 6 block race flat ground, clutched mav vs xp 1000 and the maverick won by about 5 foot. so for a grand you have a xp beater, with plenty of cash left over vs what a xp 1000 costs. now form fit and function, popo has no chance. dollar for dollar and if you don't care about the last hp, maverick still wins big there... so yes a good clutched mav is even or slightly beats it. on the sand its even more of a winner. since I don't have a video, I know, it don't exist, that is why I did not post on it until I saw this video...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well the xp1k in the video is stock with no aftermarket extra weight on it. The xp900 had doors, roof, heavyduty cage, bumpers, etc as did the maverick. Not a very good comparison but still enjoyed watching it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
good catch, I did not notice that, and yes those things add good weight, I know I just added them all...lol. not sure if they both were full of fuel and riders weight was real close either.

to be real, 2 stock machines, full of all fuels, right out of the box, both riders real close to same weight, or add a few pounds of sand bags to even there weight and im betting there tied, or even mav pulls ahead by a tiny amount. in any case it would be real close, which is not real impressive of popo with 107 hp new machine, and for the $$$ amount you pay. math aint there for popo

·
Registered
197 Posts
One "length" is when the car behind has its front even with the rear of the car in front of it. Therefore, it would take one "car length" to be even, and you lost by 1 length when your front is even with the other guys rear. If there is a car length between them, that is TWO lengths, as you would need to gain one full length to be even with the rear then 1 full length to be dead even.

None of them were even within two lengths of the XP1000 at the "finish line" in the video. They were all at least 2 lengths back or more and all looked to be losing ground to the XP1000 as time went on, as in the gap was growing should the race continue.

Is that a fair assessment Johnny?

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
I think the xp1000 is a pretty damn fast based on that video.

Stock for stock it takes them all. A clutched Maverick will make it closer and might beat it on occasion.

It is a nice machine, but Polaris still needs to step it up in the seat and interior department. The rest is pretty badass

·
Registered
16 Posts
the 1000 weighs 175 lbs more than the 900 and only has 19 more hp... so I'm not surprised it is pretty close on a short drag.
wheelbase and suspension will make a difference off the pavement.
All the SxS in that video are good cars.
just be glad we are comparing 100hp machines instead of 50hp like we had just 3 years ago...

·
Registered
197 Posts
the 1000 weighs 175 lbs more than the 900 and only has 19 more hp... so I'm not surprised it is pretty close on a short drag.
wheelbase and suspension will make a difference off the pavement.
All the SxS in that video are good cars.
just be glad we are comparing 100hp machines instead of 50hp like we had just 3 years ago...
19 horses is over a 20% gain over the XP900 and the 175 pounds is only about a 15% gain in weight. The tires are probably the biggest buzzkill on the new power but that 20% still overcomes it. Polaris scores a win here but dayum .... that thing is HUGE! I always thought the Wildcat was damn big compared to the rest of them but the new XP1000 dwarfs the Wildcat.

I can't wait to see the XP4 1000 that is gonna be a sweet ride I do believe but I hope they keep the size under control (doubtful).

1 - 20 of 68 Posts