Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you using navigation devices be it Lowrance / Garmin / etc or tablet & app how do you wire it for power? Always hot, through its own switch, or power when you have car running like the existing 12v plug. I want to have a USB 3.0 plug for my Samsung tablet for this reason.

I searched and see threads about where to pull power from and where the plugs were mounted but I can't find if the power is switched or not.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,062 Posts
power all the time, the Lowrance units don't pull much power at all. My Lowrance is close enough I don't run it through a switch, just use the power button.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
66 Posts
If I have to, I just use the existing 12 volt factory power outlet.

But I have never really had to use it. My tablet stays charged forever even when using GPS and tracking etc. Will last the whole day...

If I forget to charge before I leave I just plug into the 12 volt outlet and drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I have to, I just use the existing 12 volt factory power outlet.
I have my tablet on a ram mount up by the rear view mirror. If I had intrusion bars I would just run the charging line down it to the existing plug you mention. My tablet is a Samsung and I have only been out riding 3 hours at a time or so. Going to be out the whole day on Saturday. Didnt know what to expect.
IMG_0903.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
66 Posts
I have the BRP device holder. Decent setup. Opens up giving you a little extra glove box space too which is nice on these machines. They leave a small square hole along the bottom so you can still get a charging wire through to the 12V outlet.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
I have relocated my 12v plug to the panel below where the tablet goes. I have also tapped off of that power to a dual usb charge port. I have my Samsung tablet in the factory device holder. I have never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Pics won't stay in order but you get the idea. Powerwerx is a great source

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
power all the time, the Lowrance units don't pull much power at all. My Lowrance is close enough I don't run it through a switch, just use the power button.
somehow right. The GPS on accesory post is fine...but I'd recommand Baja Point -1 or other extras on key. I have a temp probe and Point-1 and it drained the battery when left on accessory post. Not sure what others attach to their Lowrance but as soon as I added the temp probe the battery was drained in half the day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts