Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Rumors for 2020 x3

102K views 388 replies 77 participants last post by  canamk 
#1 ·
So I guess we hear what’s new for 2020 on Tuesday, rumor is no more blue X RC next year but only speculation. Anybody heard what’s going to be new? I was ready to sign up today for an X RC but decided to wait after hearing that the new models were going to be announced next week.

#90 ·
I wasnt impressed in the least with the Honda. I dont get the big deal with it. If you have to add to it to even be almost an X3 it's a long way off. Tim

#91 ·
Honda has it's fans, it will sell, and sell big, IMO. If I could buy the race pic car, I would in a second. Stock, it still isn't in the X3 ball park, you're right.

#95 ·
195hp Turbo RR engine
Smart-Lok™* front differential
FOX† 3.0 PODIUM RC2† shocks with bypass
14-in. aluminum beadlock wheels
30-in. Maxxis Bighorn† 2.0 tires
4-point harness with shoulder pads
HMWPE heavy-duty full skid plate
X-package graphics/seats
7.6-in. digital display with keypad
Painted color options

#96 ·
195hp Turbo RR engine
Smart-Lok™* front differential
FOX† 3.0 PODIUM RC2† shocks with bypass
15-in. aluminum beadlock wheels
32-in. Maxxis Liberty tires
Front bumper, half-doors, aluminum roof, intrusion bar
Front and rear tow hooks
HMWPE differential and under bumper skid plates
HMWPE front and rear suspension arm
UHMWPE rock sliders
4,500-lb (2,041 kg) winch with
4-point harness with shoulder pads
X-package graphics/seats
7.6-in. digital display with keypad

#102 ·
Interesting stuff. I like the Orange RC RR and I like that it comes with 32" tires and 15" wheels. They should of done the same on the RS RR. The new motor should be able to make some serious hp with a stage 1 or 2 tune.

#104 ·
So 195hp. I mean it's cool but I don't think anyone here who has a 18 or 19 is jumping to a 2020 for that when you could just tune your car for the same power. Can Am just definitely slapped Polaris in the face with that though.
Don't be so sure. PoPo hasn't played their hand, and everybody else has. Rumors of a new model this year have been pretty strong, with a new model, a new engine with new horsepower isn't a big stretch, IMO.

#109 ·
So they dropped the price on the RS and moved to 2.5" QS3 Fox shock. The RS is now $22,499 and the DS model is $20,999.

The RS RR model is $27,499 and the RC RR is $29,599. The 32" tires and 15" wheels on the RC RR along with the other stuff makes it an attractive car at that price point.

They are for sure going after Polaris at the various price points.

I am sure Polaris will have something. They have not made the Turbo S in a rock crawl model yet.

#281 ·
Buy. All the new intake and all. It's all larger. People don't understand that it's not about boost pressure but volumetric flow to. Gotta have it all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcard and canamk
#282 ·
I have the new clutching Calibration.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#119 ·
Well on the blue RS model they gave you another reason to upgrade the springs what were they thinking with the lime green springs? The XRC in orange is a BOLD statement it would be nice to see an option in color with the XRC?

They definitely up the game on HP it's going to be interesting to see what Polaris does either way the sport SXS market is growing year by year and it looks like Can Am took the right steps to stay on top another year! Hopefully they up the game on build quality?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.