Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
you know, Ive wanted one for the last 3 years after they got the turbo. and I waited, then it was 170HP and I was glad I waited, then I waited, the it was 195HP and glad I waited. then realized I waisted 3 fucking years of fun... next year will be a better one, 2 years from now a better one. then you are old and retired

·
Registered
148 Posts
you know, Ive wanted one for the last 3 years after they got the turbo. and I waited, then it was 170HP and I was glad I waited, then I waited, the it was 195HP and glad I waited. then realized I waisted 3 fucking years of fun... next year will be a better one, 2 years from now a better one. then you are old and retired
Which is why I bought a 19 in August 18. Maximize that value. Lol

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I'm thinking there will be a hp bump anyway...there's a lot more they can ring out of this ACE engine and also believe they will bump the CC's
up to an actual or very close to a 1000cc...JMO of course.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm thinking there will be a hp bump anyway...there's a lot more they can ring out of this ACE engine and also believe they will bump the CC's
up to an actual or very close to a 1000cc...JMO of course.
Eh Polaris is only 181. No reason to bump hp. I think they'll be at 195 for a couple years. Until they get a better handle on the belt or go to DCT.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Eh Polaris is only 181. No reason to bump hp. I think they'll be at 195 for a couple years. Until they get a better handle on the belt or go to DCT.
I heard the same thing when we hit 174hp...whether we really need it or not HP sells...BUT we never know you could be right but then
again you could be wrong!!….lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
I heard the same thing when we hit 174hp...whether we really need it or not HP sells...BUT we never know you could be right but then
again you could be wrong!!….lol
Yeah at a certain point tho. Continually bumping HP every year will upset the fan base. Agreed on HP sells (although GM forgot that with the 2020). But other things sell too. Other than dunes or drag racing, most people won't even touch 195 HP. I personally would rather them do things with shocks and tranny than HP. And I almost primarily ride in the dunes.

I could be totally wrong as well so there's that. Haha

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
3000+ miles on XRC RR and haven't blown a belt. "yet"
And it definitely hasn't been pampered, however we don't do dunes.. Dunes are a belt killer

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Yeah at a certain point tho. Continually bumping HP every year will upset the fan base. Agreed on HP sells (although GM forgot that with the 2020). But other things sell too. Other than dunes or drag racing, most people won't even touch 195 HP. I personally would rather them do things with shocks and tranny than HP. And I almost primarily ride in the dunes.

I could be totally wrong as well so there's that. Haha

Oh for sure it does need more other things than HP for some....for us guys here it's speed especially in the winter on frozen lakes w
do a lot of top end racing but do understand that's not the majority...just going by the guys on here most are from States that have deserts
an dunes....I still believe BRP will break that 200HP mark stock then sit on that for a good while...We shall see on the 30th I guess.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
3000+ miles on XRC RR and haven't blown a belt. "yet"
And it definitely hasn't been pampered, however we don't do dunes.. Dunes are a belt killer

Sent from BLR logistics
Couldn't agree with this more...the sand and heat does kill belts...I just changed my stock belt out a month ago with 4100 miles on it
I didn't need to but chose to change it and like you my X3 sure ain't babied like I posted above we do a lot of WOT runs on lakes that
are up to 5 miles long and we do that almost on a daily basis so that's 90+ mph sustained runs over and over again but the temps are
cold and the snow is packed like running on paved roads...plus my X3 has had an EVO original aggressive stage1 tune since new.

381 - 389 of 389 Posts