21 - 40 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
you can count on more high dollar options
maybe some fancy shocks, or dash/gauges/radio
heated seats, full doors
just more bling
Drove my buddies new 19 turbo S 4 with dynamix in St Anthony this weekend. I hate the seating position, feels like I'm driving a semi. But one thing I'll say, the information screen and the dynamix suspension destroys what can am has stock. He never bottomed out when my brother's XRS and my XRC bottomed out many times (not the suspension, the frame hitting sand).

I wish can am would get those two features.
Raise your ride height. The turbo s sits extremely high and sports 32s. It's not rocket surgery.
I'm at 16 inches but only have 30 inch paddles. And I turned the high speed compression all the way in.

Don't get me wrong, I like the can am better. I'm just saying I wish can am would bring those options in.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Raise your ride height. The turbo s sits extremely high and sports 32s. It's not rocket surgery.
Aint got nothing to do with ride height. The x3 RS only has 7/8” clear under the car at full bump compression on 30” oem tires. When in sand you are are always driving in tracks with a hump in the middle. Compress all your suspension and you drag ass and case the car.

No amount of ride height will remove this situation. Now if you internal valved the shock to have a bottom out resistance you will give up the plush soft ride on the top side. You cant have your cake and eat it too because Tim is nearby waiting in the shadows ready to pounce on little kids and their cake.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I'm at 16 inches but only have 30 inch paddles. And I turned the high speed compression all the way in.

Don't get me wrong, I like the can am better. I'm just saying I wish can am would bring those options in.
I don't want three preset ride positions, I want to be able to make adjustments that I need and want. for a guy who takes the care out a few times a year and wants to impress someone with their weekend warrior facade that is awesome!! But for those who use the car like an extension of themselves I want options. I have not been impressed with the presets over the can am stock setup. But for guys who like sitting really close together and rubbing shoulders while they are driving and pushing a button on the dash each time the road changes a little aw awesome!! to each their own. Some like to adorn themselves with glitter gold and some still cake from little kids and some of us just drive way to fast but non of us wish they had POPO stuff in our junk! It just not right.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have no issues with a belt drive...just replaced my stock one for good measure after 1950 miles though. I would like to see better power steering and active shocks...as well as a ride command type screen.

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
633 Posts
Aint got nothing to do with ride height. The x3 RS only has 7/8” clear under the car at full bump compression on 30” oem tires. When in sand you are are always driving in tracks with a hump in the middle. Compress all your suspension and you drag ass and case the car.
It's got everything to do with it. You expect your shock to work the same when at 13in ride height vs 18 as an example? Seriously, go buy a RZR.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I say brp will never go to DCT
too much waranty money
much cheaper using CVT
and I would expect a automatic before any manual trans
I wouldn’t say never, and DCT is an automatic trans.
I do like the simplicity and ease of replacing a CVT belt vs a DCT clutch.

but...

The best thing about the Honda talon is the DCT and tomorrow Honda is announcing something.
”2020 Talon Performance Line” is all they’ve said

If Honda releases a turbo talon, can-am will have to answer

Realistically, the 2020 x3 will probably have the new LCD gauge cluster with nav, like on the spyder

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
It's got everything to do with it. You expect your shock to work the same when at 13in ride height vs 18 as an example? Seriously, go buy a RZR.
You just dont understand the X3 is setup to fail when concerning bottoming out. It’s ok to not understand big boy talk.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, the other brands never have issues and all come with free unicorns and a rainbow follows you around.

I hope BRP is listening to you so they know how close to going under they are without your sale. HOLD FIRM. Any day now they will break and you will save us from BRP.

You're my hero!

Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!

Love Tim.
Not sure where or why this was posted and liked but I will just consider the source and the fact your a legend in your own mind. I have read some of your BS posts and your a ****ing idiot as I suspected.

You have a good day patting yourself on the back and grab your participation trophy.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Not sure where or why this was posted and liked but I will just consider the source and the fact your a legend in your own mind. I have read some of your BS posts and your a ****ing idiot as I suspected.

You have a good day patting yourself on the back and grab your participation trophy.
I will type very slowly so you can follow along....

First it was posted in this thread...that's how you were able to quote it, in this thread.

I know a coloring book and crayons would make you feel more comfortable, but those are not medium used where adults commnucate.

Second it was "liked" because it was funny and spoofed the ridiculous nature of your juvenile perceptions.

As for my patting myself on the back, I have no control over whom or how many likes I received on that or any other post for that matter.

Some people agree and some don't, I am an adult and know that some people are not very bright and may not agree with me.

You are a perfect example of that. I suspect you cried the night Hillary lost.

As for the name calling, that's a rule violation. It also shows your lack of intellect even beyond the childish post you made that started this.

I do enjoy posts like yours as they make for the best joke fodder and the rest of us would have no idea that a person could be that ignorant.

The good thing about ignorance is it can be overcome, ASSuming it is only ignorance and not stupidity...

Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!

Love Tim

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Where is that popcorn eating emoji, LBR????
While I do enjoy watching a good internet battle of wits, I even MORE so enjoy participating!

The sad fact here is my opponent is ill-equipped for a battle that would have any entertainment value.

I suspect he might be want to stick something less intellectually challenging and let's be honest his posts are NOT funny in the least. I dont think he's ever been to comic school.

Some people are better telling jokes and some are better at being the joke.

Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
They need to fix the stuff the current customers have. Until then I will buy a another brand. Still waiting on a factory power steering fix for the 2017.
I thought Can-am was pretty generous offering a 2018 power upgrade kit and smart lok for 2017s.
The power steering is pretty sufficient for a factory unit, and I’m running 35s and a halo locker. Sure better would be great but I don’t expect can-am to drop R&D on new models to make retrofitted parts for last years stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts

Oops, sorry I forgot to add that it's " you're a legend in your own mind"

Just trying to help! Tim

21 - 40 of 389 Posts