Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Rugged RRP360

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Thrill Seeker 
#1 ·
Hey, i'm looking into getting intercom/radio set up for a 2 seat maverick. I like the price of the RRP360 intercom kit from Rugged Radios, any feed back on this kit would be greatly appreciated. I have never used any communication kit before.

#2 ·
If you are just wanting in car communications it is hard to beat the price and that unit will do its job well.

I am currently using the handheld motorcycle set up they offer in my ride to communicate with other cars. Works great so far.

#4 ·
This weekend I had just finished a 45 min. ride on my track and came back to the truck to take a break. A guy out of Vegas was just loading up the family for a ride in his 4 seater & hooking up the in helmet communication system to mom, dad and the 2 kids in the back, ages 8 & 10. They were enjoying themselves with chitter-chatter so much I was wondering if they were actually going to go for a ride. They finally did leave.

#5 ·
YUBA: Those radios are great! I have the RRP357, which I guess it's the older model to the 360. It's nice to talk to your passenger(s) casually, rather than having to yell back and forth.
The only problem I have is...listening to my wife gasp, squeal and yell at me when ever I do something crazy. :saint:

Another cool feature is being able to listen to music through your headset. And later if you want to talk to other cars, you can easily ad the little blue hand held radio to your setup. Hope this helps!

#7 ·
Haha, common problem we hear....

But hey, the 360 is a great entry level intercom. It's an open mic system that constantly transmits between the passengers, just like talking on the phone. The major reason that intercom is lower priced is because it is open mic, as opposed to the VOX operated systems. The 357, like socalmav talked about, is a vox operated intercom, which is the next step up before going to a 4 place intercom. The major advantage to having the VOX intercom is that you can stream music through the intercom, but when you or your passenger starts talking, the music automatically lowers so you guys can talk, then raises back up when nobody is talking. The 360 intercom on the other hand is open mic, so it does not lower the music automatically, so you will have to keep the music lower than the volume of you and your passenger talking, or else you'll go right back yelling at each other haha. If you're not really the type that likes to listen to music while mobbing, the 360 is perfect for you.

#12 ·
Well that settles that I need to save up more because that was a main reason I want to get the head set so we could ride and listen to music and when we need to talk we could talk with out pushing pause on the music or stopping in the middle of no where. Thank you very much for your help.

#22 ·
Thanks for the advertisement guys. Yeah bud I have a full set up ready to rock and roll. Even have the mounting kit. Everything you need to get up and running. It's the 357 with the VOX and has the DSP chip installed. Screaming deal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.