Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Very true on all points. The reason the FCC isn’t interested is interference. Unless you are causing interference with a legitimate station (usually a business) they lack the resources to neither investigate nor prosecute, which is why the Ham Radio guys do all of the work for them. They thrive on doing DF work to find the guy that interferes with their frequency so they can report them to the FCC.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
All thank you for the excellent replies to my question! If I have one take away from reading all the posts here it is that I have a lot to learn regarding radios. Sorry for the confusion on the Baofeng VS the RM60 which I have. My thoughts were that since the 1/4 wave antenna came pre-bundled with the unit there could be a better alternative.

I have been able to find a reference to a few of the pre-programmed freqs its old but at least its something if anyone is in need. Also stumbled upon this RM60 Program which does show the frequencies.

Lets keep the conversation going as it looks like I have much to learn. I do like the maverick only freq idea that would be cool!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rugged just sent me that antenna you posted with the grey base as a replacement for the rm60 I have so you will be fine .This is the 2nd they sent for warranty,each time it’s been a different model..

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
You can program the rugged radios with Chirp. I have done 3 different rugged radios this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts