Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the rrp357 kit with headsets. Question is has anybody used an ipod with the 3.5mm jack if so what r your thoughts? If it's decent I would rather not install some huge stereo system cause this would be ideal for when I have the wife or a friend with me and we could talk without yelling. Also the helmets plug into back of intercom but can you put a panel mount to plug headsets into? In would be a cleaner set up instead of running cables out from behind dash and running them to headsets. Thanks guys

Chris H

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
the 3.5 jacks are made for ipods. you can get a small motorcycle amplifier to boost volume but its not needed.

the headsets and helmets use the same cord. The typical installation is at your right shoulder zip tied to your seat.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the panel mount jacks I guess I should have not been so stupid and scrolled the page down on rugged radios and would have seen them. Lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 3.5 jacks are made for ipods. you can get a small motorcycle amplifier to boost volume but its not needed.

the headsets and helmets use the same cord. The typical installation is at your right shoulder zip tied to your seat.
How does it sound with an ipod hooked up? Is it ok or crappy?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool I think that's what I'm going to do then. Thanks glamisfan

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I'm getting the headsets. As long as it's loud enough to hear it pretty good I'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
492 Posts
With the headsets and my 686 intercom, the quality was much better than expected and much louder than anyone would need. I have yet to do my full helmets, but bummed to read they may not be all that great......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the 357 intercom and use an iPod for my music to my helmet kits. I think it works great. I also have a muzzy exhaust and I can still hear it fine.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool thanks guys. I think that's the way I'm going to go.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the 357 intercom and use an iPod for my music to my helmet kits. I think it works great. I also have a muzzy exhaust and I can still hear it fine.
Desertdog, where and how to you mount your intercom? I was thinking of using a faceplate and putting it in the panel just to the right of the steering wheel. I was also thinking just below that panel without the faceplate.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
here's where I put mine. I cut a hole in the dash, slid it in, and then it has four holes predrilled and I screwed it to the plastic dash. The race radio is mounted in the glovebox to the top of it. This is the 550 model.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My radio & intercom are both mounted on the panel next to the steering wheel. I also used the rugged face plate for the Can-Am and it makes the mounting very clean.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool that's exactly where I was going to mount mine. Sweet

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How does it sound with an ipod hooked up? Is it ok or crappy?
I have the exact system your enquiring about and use my Ipod. Works great. I can still hear my Muzzy exhaust but the volume will go louder than I want it to. So it's awesome!.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts