Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last two times out, my RR power button failed to shut the radio off after the ride was over. Pressing the button had no effect at all. Intercom shut off fine, just not the radio.

I ended pulling out the inline fuse then re-installing the fuse, which made the power button operable again.

Anyone one else experience this?

This is on the RRP660+ setup...

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Last two times out, my RR power button failed to shut the radio off after the ride was over. Pressing the button had no effect at all. Intercom shut off fine, just not the radio.

I ended pulling out the inline fuse then re-installing the fuse, which made the power button operable again.

Anyone one else experience this?

This is on the RRP660+ setup...
You might have gotten it wet, probably through the front port where the mic usually goes. Only way to eliminate it that I know of (because I ran into the same thing last season), is send it back to Rugged to fix. I'm not sure how much it cost, cause I have a "friend" there who hooks me up.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My RM60 power switch stopped working due to getting wet,, I just installed a switch to kill the battery power to the radio and intercom
Yeah, that’s my plan as well. Master switch for comms when I finally get around to putting in my CF dash...

I haven’t ridden in the rain and am pretty carefull when I wash it, but I have gotten water inside from a wash. Guess it doesn’t take much.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Yeah, that’s my plan as well. Master switch for comms when I finally get around to putting in my CF dash...

I haven’t ridden in the rain and am pretty carefull when I wash it, but I have gotten water inside from a wash. Guess it doesn’t take much.
I run a master switch as well. its nice to turn on switch and have everything set including volume the same every time. Water kills these "offroad" radios.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I also set up a breaker at the battery with a 80 am contacor switch. I ran the low voltage power to the contactor from the factory switch leg. So when I push the power button everything comes on and when I pull the key all accessories shut off. That way I don't have something left on and get stranded moles from anyone.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah I'm laughing a little inside that the rugged radio can't take some water on the outside. When I do get around to the intercom I'll be figuring out something special for it so i don't have to worry a bunch. and a master switch will be going in for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts