Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've heard from multiple people that are extremely (IMO) knowledgable on these motors say they make there power around 7750-7850 rpm so I have no idea as to why you'd want these to rev that high.

I know that wasn't really your question, my apologies on that but just don't know why you'd want to rev these that high when they won't make any power up that high.

Nathan

·
Registered
177 Posts
higher rpm = higher mph.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is there a way to just get higher rpms without spending a arm and a leg to have the ecm flashed for all the other stuff too

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
On the dyno they make the most power in the power in the 8100 to 8450 rpm. ..6 hp over stock...weller racing can reflash ur ecu to 8500 for 399.. and the adjust ur clutch for the increase

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im looking into the reflash once I hear more ple and see what probs come with it, im really thinking of calling areed for shocks

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
im looking into the reflash once I hear more ple and see what probs come with it, im really thinking of calling areed for shocks

My suspension will make your Maverick a lot faster than that re flash

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I know a couple people that run at 8300 plus and they say it feels stronger
I think more than anything it will widen the available peak power band so you can clutch it in the center of the peak power instead of right below the rev limiter. This will allow you to stay in the sweet spot easier even if your clutching is slightly off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts