Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just past 10 hrs and decided to put Royal Purple Max Gear 75/140 in trans. Partly because of guys on this site are runnin it and partly because I could not get amsoil right now. Well after I got it put back together I read on the back that it is "Not for use in motorcycle and ATV wet clutch applications" I think this is because it has friction modifiers in it. Has anybody that uses it had any problems? Dont tell me I gotta change it out. I am going ridin this wknd and dont have time to change it if I dont have to.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I think the wet clutch is lubed by the motor oil. I got Amsoil 0 40 in there so I think fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A wet clutch is what is found in a motorcycle or quad transmission that has a clutch lever. I have 350 miles on my Outlander and it's had royal purple since the 10 hour mark as well.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just stick with the correct weight and ensure it meets the requirements in the manual and you will be fine.

·
Banned
546 Posts
call royal purple they will be glad to help yah and point you in the right direction

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've had the Royal Purple in my Mav now for about 700 of the 800 miles I have on it. I used RP because my local auto parts was out of Mobil 1 when I did the 10 hr service, so I just stayed with it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
A wet clutch is what is found in a motorcycle or quad transmission that has a clutch lever. I have 350 miles on my Outlander and it's had royal purple since the 10 hour mark as well.
Rhinos have wet clutches there a cvt tranny

·
Registered
32 Posts
This thread should have stopped when the OP was made aware that it was not a wet clutch....no need for any other info.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The most interesting and excited holiday is Halloween, and many dealers also want to find cheap Halloween costumes for the season sale. Why not consider dear-lover.com or shiyingsexylingerie.com? They are experts on manufacture and wholesale Halloween costumes.
Guys…I have flagged all of this idiots posts a s spam. Please do the same so the moderators get him off of here….

1 - 14 of 14 Posts