Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone is using to carry spare fuel for the longer rides. After searching and reading all I could find, I'm considering mounting a 3-gallon Rotopax to the rear section of the cage using the Axia Alloys mount. Does anyone use this setup and would you mind posting a picture? Strapping down a gas can takes way more valuable real estate in the bed than I care to sacrifice. Any other suggestions are always appreciated. Under seat is a definite NO ! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Several members here with X3’s use a 2 gallon rotopax under the seats. The standard mount don’t work and the seat must be in the raised position.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Axia Alloys mount for Rotopax is specifically sized for the X3 cage. That's what got me on the topic. Was hoping someone beat me to it and maybe had a review or pic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another option is the Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder from Giant Loop Moto. I have several friends that use them on Baja trips. They are a little pricey though...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A nice option for sure but out of my price range. For that money I could get an aluminum tank for under the seat with a transfer pump.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 2 gal RotoPax fits nice and snug on inside of bar. Hatfield McCoy tested, it doesnt move.
Looks good, but I would be afraid that if I rolled the vehicle it might be damaged and leak onto the exhaust. I'd rather put them under or behind the seats. Almost every ATV and race related fire I've seen was from fuel leaking onto the exhaust of the vehicle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just strap mine to the back of passenger seat (2 cinch straps from HD). Works well.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts