Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
intake power.jpg I've been searching for a way to improve my commander/rotax for a while. Then I found a engineer (not mechanic) in Az that knows his stuff. I recently added biggger valves ported head and 12:1 piston to my commander but the performance was good but not what I expected. So the engineer started to build a new intake system for it and all I can say is WOW. He replaced the Y manifold with his own individual intake system for each cylinder (similar to the Mav but better) and now he has designed a new air box. I will post later the dyno improvements over stock so far. The mav intake just like the commander will need to be improved if you want more power. I'm going to have the same system put on my mav as well. He told me that the exhaust headers suck on the mav and commander as well and matching a better header on the stock mav/commander muffler will further enhance this motor. This is an improvement over a Welller intake system not stock. btw it is still not done more to come.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That chart is unreadable even when you zoom in. Also is this dyno reading RWHP or crankshaft?
If it's RWHP, is this with a stock clutch? if not what type of clutch?
With the upgraded intake manifolds and TB you have, does all the factory sensor's still work normal?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a dyno representing rwhp with my stm clutch...The only change is the intake system meaning the clutch, TB motor is starting at the lower HP number of 58...All the factory sensors work as normal it is just an intake change and doesn't affect any of the factory sensors. BTW the new intake causes the throttle to be instant just like the XP. On a pure stock setup with a stock air intake the numbers will be greater. My intake was already modified.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is a dyno representing rwhp with my stm clutch...The only change is the intake system meaning the clutch, TB motor is starting at the lower HP number of 58...All the factory sensors work as normal it is just an intake change and doesn't affect any of the factory sensors. BTW the new intake causes the throttle to be instant just like the XP. On a pure stock setup with a stock air intake the numbers will be greater. My intake was already modified.
The reason I ask about the sensors is because I believe the Maverick has sensors on both the intake manifolds just before the head. Not sure but this maybe for the factory autotune system. How much extra rwhp do you get using the aftermarket stm clutch?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had a stock clutch to compare it to.. but most stock clutches are not setup correctly for power band of the motor so if you tune it properly it would produce the same HP as the STM. In the field it wouldn't backshift or stay cool like the stm. My cvtech\stm setup was tuned very well so replacing it with an full stm setup didn't produced any more power. I'm sure with Mav BRP has learned exactly with the XP engineers already knew that a well tuned clutch can't be replaced with an aftermarket clutch and gain any advantage.

I know that the guy who built the new intake is an engineer and he already bypass all the sensors on the commander when creating a custom turbo setup so he will do the same on the Mav. As soon as I get my Mav I will have him create the same setup as on the commander.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know that the guy who built the new intake is an engineer and he already bypass all the sensors on the commander when creating a custom turbo setup so he will do the same on the Mav. As soon as I get my Mav I will have him create the same setup as on the commander.
I thinking keeping all the sensors is important so the autotune system works properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts