1,201 Posts
Nice work on the vents.

Are those 2ft whips? Which ones? I’m looking for short ones for woods riding

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
608 Posts
Digging the vents might have to put some on my LS roof too!
So can you still feel a good bit of air coming in when the vent is in the position like on your drivers side
vent is in your pic?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Silly question.... You mentioned the OEM windshield with the LS Roof. Any issues installing that? I have the BRP windshield and would like to do the LS roof. Just curious about modifications or if it aligns properly.

I thought I read that they didn't fit together???

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Silly question.... You mentioned the OEM windshield with the LS Roof. Any issues installing that? I have the BRP windshield and would like to do the LS roof. Just curious about modifications or if it aligns properly.

I thought I read that they didn't fit together???
No issues at all. I had to flatten the roof out a bit. I stood on it to do so and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So what is the weight difference between stock and the fancy carbon? I have never seen any weight comparisons with fourwerx stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used those same vents on my stock roof and you can't hardly feel the air coming through them. I thought they would work way better than they actually did. I hope they work better for you than they did for me.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I've got one of those vents in the middle of my Al roof. (Got the idea from a UPS truck where they use it for the drivers' feet!) Spent some time cutting out the bee screen too. Plenty of air coming in mine esp at speeds over 30mph but it tends to go straight back (right to the S & B) instead of down to the middle of the cab. At high speed it's howling in.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I put those same vents on my LS roof and they work great as long as you open them in a front facing position (as pictured).
Along with the vented BM windshield, I might just leave the windshield on even when the weather starts heating up.

Good idea by the OP!

Technology Gadget Electronic device Smartphone Vehicle

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those low profile aluminum vents look great, but they are pretty pricy.
How are they form the inside? Any chance of hitting your head on the sharp aluminum frame?

I’m surprised the vendors haven’t mad UTV roof vents yet...

I cant seem to find any other vents that wouldn’t look ghetto

Dish rack Plastic

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added the OEM Glass Windshield and a rear windshield, I thought it might get hot so I found some Toy Hauler Garage vents in Black and thought they would work. I also added the Fourwerx Dash and it is truly awesome.

Check it out.

View attachment 223853
View attachment 223849
View attachment 223851
View attachment 223855
Looks great! I'm looking at this dash kit for my x3. Where did you put your key key location? I noticed the website said you have to relocate it under the dash.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great! I'm looking at this dash kit for my x3. Where did you put your key key location? I noticed the website said you have to relocate it under the dash.
The FoB Key has to be mounted through plastic. It will not work routed through carbon fiber or metal. I moved it to the right of the cluster. Later I used my 3D printer and moved it to the other side. Later I installed the Glazzkraft dash which was awesome. This X3 is gone and I have a new 2021 that I am working on. I will share some pics later this month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts