Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at roofs and I can't decide which to get. What are the pros and cons to soft top, plastic, and metal roofs?

·
Registered
415 Posts
im running the audioformz roof, without stereo or lights version, fits perfect, light, and looks dang good! pics in my album . and its less than $400

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Had a Pro Amour bimini top. It looked good for a couple of trips, but started sagging after a while. It also hung down too far in front for my liking.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Had a Pro Amour bimini top. It looked good for a couple of trips, but started sagging after a while. It also hung down too far in front for my liking.
X2
I have it now, and it will have to do till I get the doors on.
Then I'll be replacing it with a real top.
Damn property taxes are taking my fun money away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the BRP Sport plastic roof. It holds up nice but I don't like how tall it looks on the machine. I am trying to sell it now. Building a custom Aluminum roof for it that lays flat on the cage.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Go metal..Plastic roofs look like chit for the most part and fabric is just a cheap alternative for someone ssaving to get a metal one ..my .02

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
soft tops flap in wind and stretch and pain in butt to take on and off to travel ,sum rip at the seams at mounting points and can rip under trees

I did run one for a few months also

but then I riveted a aluminum top on much better !

·
Registered
415 Posts
The audioformz is a fiberglass roof that's bedliner like coating, tuff as hell too

LIGHTBAR2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was going to get the unloaded audioformz, but I decided to go with a white turnkey roof really liked how the alum roofs are low profile and sleek. EMP has a nice plastic roof that runs all the way to the back of the cage for better coverage really debated getting it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I ended up going with the UTV Inc roof. It should be here in a couple of days. I may cut up the front a little, so I can add some protection to the lightbar.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sport visor and looking to get the brp middle roof with it that way I have the option of taking it off and on Quickly!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok got some info from some guys that I ride with. Local guy makes aluminum roofs. Taking it next Friday for him to take measurements. Quoted me a price well under $200. So I can't complain there. Once I figure out how to post pics and get the roof I will post them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I went with the Pro-Armor and love it! went out on sun and put 80 miles in on some hard core trail very happy with my roof no noise from rattle or vibration I thought for sure it was going to get all scratched up from the tight trails but it didnt at all? think I paid 429?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Here is another roof to consider but it comes with a back panel also. Kinda spendy too. Its from Wide Open Company. They do complete enclosures. I actually bought the top / back panel combo for my Maverick. You can get yellow or black. Not sure about other colors.

3d44fdec-5c21-4961-9999-241ca3de9d48.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts