Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a few people said that the Ron woods full exhaust gave them noticible bottom end and 4hp. Does anyone know if you need a programmer with this system? Or is it bolt up and go? I hear the stock ecu will adjust some? This true? Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? Nothing?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The stock is ecu is adjustable, you'll need to reflash it. The exhaust does give you way better throttle response but the dyno shows minimal gains for the money output. I personally love my alba exhaust, dobeck afr fuel tuner and air box delete. Pair that with a full STM clutch and it's a monster. Wide open on pavement, I was about 5-7 mph faster and could pass him at will to a stock mav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
The stock is ecu is adjustable, you'll need to reflash it. The exhaust does give you way better throttle response but the dyno shows minimal gains for the money output. I personally love my alba exhaust, dobeck afr fuel tuner and air box delete. Pair that with a full STM clutch and it's a monster. Wide open on pavement, I was about 5-7 mph faster and could pass him at will to a stock mav

where did you get your airbox delete?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I did it myself. K&n yfz450 filter over the throttle body with an outerwear on it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. That is what I wanted to hear. I am ordering mine next week.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Negligible horsepower but it does improve throttle response and lowers heat to the rear of the machine. Especially the battery

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Everyone is looking at peak horsepower, and yes, it is negligible....but several of the systems (according to their dyno sheets) do make significantly more power throughout the lower RPM's before flattening out on top similar to the stock exhaust .....this equates to quicker acceleration (if clutched correctly) and more power available at cruising speeds which is more important to me since I am rarely if ever going top speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts