Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's cool, I wouldn't mind those for short runs, but might need ear plugs for the long hight speed runs

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Nobody must be picking up any hp from an aftermarket exhaust because if it did you would think they would want everybody to know

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does it remove the CAT?

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Nobody must be picking up any hp from an aftermarket exhaust because if it did you would think they would want everybody to know
It does not sound like these aftermarket exhaust guys are doing any tunning or homework as they are building. They appear to be just up sizing the pipes and going to hit us for $1400 of our hard earned money.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I 100% agree with you. As I have said before simply adding aftermarket exhaust will do nothing and in most cases reduce your power. Until you open the airbox, throttle body and add a tuner to dial it in you will be disappointed just adding exhaust. This is exactly why these aftermarket exhaust companies like Muzzy rarely show any dyno results.

I think usaguy was working on adding these mods to his, I don't know if he's posted any results yet.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
The exhaust sounds mean, but I agree after a long run that may get annoying.

Has anyone actually looked at the cat to see if it is restricting airflow. It would seem drilling out the cat would work, if it is restricting that much air flow. The stock exhaust sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
my car is with DynoJet getting them to build a PC5 for the Maverick. You can't add any significant performance without a fuel prg. After that I will add a larger TB and verify the rest of the intake system has no more restrictions. None of these aftermarket pipe builders have really ever proven their claims and most of the time their exhaust do nothing til you improve air flow into the motor. The dual exhaust on the Mav looks pretty good minus the headers and they are quiet. Ron Woods or Muzzy will not be getting my money this time around.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I seen where it is full exhaust and 895.00 for it exhaust is a fine line open it up to much u lose power resteict it to much u lose power the stock exhaust is pretty good size its prob the same size as aftermarket but removing the cats will open it up a lil bit and maybe gain a few hp I put gibson dual core slip ons on my rzr 900 becasue there was no clear advantage with a full system im sure with a programmer and some intake work with no cats it will be a good hp gain

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Too loud.:music:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the way they sound my only concern even with stock exhaust is the way they angle upward its just two big funnels for water to flood the engine

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If you flood that engine it aint got nothing to do with the angle of the pipes. Off road machines for years have had exhausts at that kind of angle.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im a mud rider and race in mud bogs sometimes things happen when your chest deep in water all my other machines was straight out the back other than my xp i just sold

·
Registered
66 Posts
my maverick is in the r and d stages with a big company. i have stock dyno results. i will have dyno results some time this week. 1) full stainless exhaust system, fuel tuner and intake system all in the works. cant wait to see what it ends up with. here is a copy of the stock hp on the dyno.
IMG_8514.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nice thx for the info !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
22 lbs lighter, +4 hp, better throttle response. The Maverick ECU has an autotune-type program, so no controller was needed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts