Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floor Flooring Wood

Anyone else have their cage off and notice if all 4 legs sat level on the ground? I've tried on several spots on the floor and it's all the same the right front leg sits up about 3/4". It was rolled on the right side. I'm currently replacing the frame and the insurance adjuster said if I find anything else wrong to give him a call and he would come take another look and write me a check if needed. I'm just trying to decide if it would be worth it to call him up or not. You couldn't see anything crooked when the cage was on the machine.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle All-terrain vehicle

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes labor was about $1,500

·
Registered
727 Posts
Never had mine off but when I first got the Maverick you could stand several feet in front of it and see the upper bars weren't level. Looked to be about 3/4-1" off. I measured the shock heights and any place you could measure from. I came to the conclusion it must be in the roll bar. After that it never bothered me.

Its a good thing you saw it now rather than go back and check everything when your done. I use to be in the bodyshop, retired, and things that aren't level bother me. I put a plastic roof on mine and you can't see any difference now.

What are you doing to that thing?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good lord...I'd have 1,000 extra parts left over when done. I salute you sir.
Haha thanks. Hopefully all goes well and the only left over parts are the stock ones that are being upgraded :cool2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never had mine off but when I first got the Maverick you could stand several feet in front of it and see the upper bars weren't level. Looked to be about 3/4-1" off. I measured the shock heights and any place you could measure from. I came to the conclusion it must be in the roll bar. After that it never bothered me.

Its a good thing you saw it now rather than go back and check everything when your done. I use to be in the bodyshop, retired, and things that aren't level bother me. I put a plastic roof on mine and you can't see any difference now.

What are you doing to that thing?
I'm replacing the frame. From what I've been reading the factory weld tolerances aren't great on these things. I'm guessing my cage has been that way all along just like yours being a bit uneven. Nothing really sprung or moved when I took the cage bolts out. I can't decide if it would be worth calling the insurance adjuster back or not

·
Registered
172 Posts
I say call him back, it wont hurt to get a new cage...... better to have it and not need it rather then get to the point where you have to put the cage on and find out that it wont fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts