Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone knew if the roll cage was the same as the commanders? The reason i'm asking is because i have a commander right now and i'm looking into getting a maverick, and was wondering if the roof i have would fit or if it was different. I know they look a like but didn't know if they are. Any input thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Exactly the same cage...confirmed by BRP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was at dealer the other day checking on roofs he said same part# for commander and maverick.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I coulda swore I read one of the UTV Inc. guys say that it's not the same?
And that might just be BS so that people would sell their roofs with there commanders and buy a new one for the Maverick. Just my .02

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
322 Posts
UTV inc. specifically has said they are different, the roof, windshield and doors will not fit (according to them) and the rear net will. I'm hoping they are the same as I have a windshield that was high dollar from my commander I'd like to use.

JC

·
Registered
853 Posts
I am dropping off my Mav tomorrow at Prowlers to have my cage redone. When looking at the cage compared to my commander I do not believe they are identical. The mav cage seems a little lower to me, I could be wrong though. It looks just a little bit different. the mounting points could be the same but if you look at the back mount I think it sits an inch or so back compared to the commander. I am doing this purely off of site as my commander has been gone now for a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I took my UTV inc roof off of my Commander & bolted it right on my Maverick - fits the same & looks good. I also took my Blingstar doors from my Commander and put them on my Maverick. Now the doors aren't a direct bolt in fit. The pasenger door bolted in with no issues, I only had to lower the latch pin about 3/8". The drivers door took a little fab work to install & lower the latch pin as well. Also had to trim a little plastic but they look damn good.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I took my UTV inc roof off of my Commander & bolted it right on my Maverick - fits the same & looks good. I also took my Blingstar doors from my Commander and put them on my Maverick. Now the doors aren't a direct bolt in fit. The pasenger door bolted in with no issues, I only had to lower the latch pin about 3/8". The drivers door took a little fab work to install & lower the latch pin as well. Also had to trim a little plastic but they look damn good.
Can you take a picture and post it?

One thing I liked about the doors on my commander is they seemed higher to me, i think the stock proarmor doors for the mav are lower and I dont really like them as much.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yeah, I'll get some pics up for you but it may have to wait until the weekend. I dont like the low profile Pro Armor doors either, I think my Blingstars look much better, plus it gives me a place to rest my arm when cruising.

Can you take a picture and post it?

One thing I liked about the doors on my commander is they seemed higher to me, i think the stock proarmor doors for the mav are lower and I dont really like them as much.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So I take it that an audio top made for a Commander will fit the maverick ?? I'm assuming so because the tops of the cages should be identical

1 - 18 of 18 Posts