Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have seen pictures of people making a roll cage with a seat attached, and that can be removed for the back of a Commander and RZR. Has anyone come up with one for a Maverick. I want to do one for my grand kids to ride with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
really for the mav? should've waited for the max. a lot safer

·
Registered
461 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1368490966704.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The exhaust gets real hot back there on the Mav, hot enough to distort the plastic inner splash shields. I don't think you want to cook your Grandkids - Max(4 seater) is the way to go, supposed to be out sometime this summer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They would not be with us all the time, so did not want to get something that big.. We were also going to make the cage removable with a plate under it so that would not get the heat. But Thank you for caring and your input.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was going to wait for the 4 seater, but also didn't want the length for everything we ride. I never realized the heat in the back until we took it out for a 4 day trip to Sand mt where you are pulling a 600' sand dune all day and noticed the plastic shields in the back were getting warped & distorted from the heat of the exhaust.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is like I was talking about but for a Maverick. Now they need to fab one for our Maverick, that would make me Happy. :)
buddy seat rzr.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Here's an idea, strap some sort of lawn chair back there. You jump up in it and let someone take you for a spin and then report back. Not being an ass about this but... common sense please. Maverick's not made for a seat in the back as you want. Maybe should've bought the xp.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
This is like I was talking about but for a Maverick. Now they need to fab one for our Maverick, that would make me Happy. :)
View attachment 2165
This is exactly why the great state of California, and probably coming to the rest of you soon, enacted AB-1595, which besides these 2 little gems includes a helmet law.
CVC-38603. A person operating a recreational off-highway vehicle
shall not allow a passenger to occupy a separate seat location not
designed and provided by the manufacturer for a passenger.
CVC-38604. A person operating a recreational off-highway vehicle
shall not ride with a passenger, unless the passenger, while seated
upright with his or her back against the seatback, can grasp the occupant handhold with the seatbelt
and shoulder belt or safety harness properly fastened.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
That doesn't make the seat location safe or legal in Calif. OK>>

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I think the point of some of the people here is that it can be dangerous when you modify a vehicle and put rear seats that high and that far back in the chassis. To me, if you're just going to cruise with kids back there, then no biggie. But if you're going to go over 20, or 25 mph, then it's just not a good idea. The rhinos and the Terex or a little better for this application, because the seats set down in the bed. But the razors and the Maverick have no bed, so The seat just winds up too high. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Take my opinions for what it is worth - the Maverick is a hi performance SxS, and not suitable for having kids or adults in the back or 3rd seat. I am far from mr saftey, but if you want a kid hauler, buy a 4 seater or an older Teryx / Rhino and add a rear cage. While I have hauled many people in the bed of my Teryx & Rhino, we will NOT allow any rear passenger in the Mav- just not a great idea.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea we will not be going fast with them in there.. No way.. And it will have a full roll cage also. But thanks for all the feed back and concern.. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts