·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that red dirt mud will get u ! lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I had been taking that corner all day doing a flick and slide. Went back out after a break for some cold beers and did a flick and stick. We rolled it back over and checked tire pressure sure enough the rear was at 3psi. So we started airing it up and found the beadlock bolts had backed out a bit and was causing the leak. Couldn't believe they backed out on all the rims. I do not think the sales team did the prechecks Right. Anyway i re touqued them and if i have the problem agian i will put on some thread locker, low grade stuff.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
The manual says take it to the dealer after a roll over! Something to do with resetting the program for engine, did it fire right up
Or did it smoke because of all the oil in the head?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Suprised you didn't bend a tie rod. you better check.

·
Registered
170 Posts
When the RZR first came out there was a lot of talk about engine issues after a roll over. "Always turn the engine off ASAP... Let it set for an hour before restart...". They said it would starve the cylinders and cause damage. My one and only roll over (so far) I remember rolling upside down and reaching for the key! Lol worried the chit out of me. 3 yrs later no issues...
I understand the issue if it sits too long oil could work past the rings or maybe valve guides and an open valve into the cylinder and hydraulic the piston, but that should take a pretty long time. How about a tip / roll over sensor? Do these have one?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Did the cage tweak at all?
That's what I want to know.
We had a couple of RZR's roll over from our camp on New Years. The one with the aftermarket cage was good to go, but the stocker folded in about 4 inches right next to the drivers head. One of the reasons I went with the Mav was for the 2" cage.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The manual says take it to the dealer after a roll over! Something to do with resetting the program for engine, did it fire right up
Or did it smoke because of all the oil in the head?
Interesting to know if there are any electronics that need to be reset after a roll over.

·
Registered
128 Posts
just for the record the polaris cage is meant to fold and absorb the roll, its a one roll deal and 99 times out of 100 does its job, if your wearing a helmet and strapped in you wont get hurt unless its a big one in which case an expensive aftermarket cage will fare better, its no the size of the cage its the thickness of the wall that makes the difference

·
Registered
998 Posts
Any factory cage is ok for a slow roll over, but it's the bigger wrecks where rolling multiple times is collapsing the cages and potentially severely injuring the driver. I rolled a rzr xp twice and it held up fine with no visible damage. The only thing the rops certification is good for is letting someone know the cage will no collapse under it's own weight pretty much.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Unfortunately ROPS is and should not be the governing factor in UTV cage design. The UTV cages littlerly suck and give a false impression of security for the driver occupants. ROPS is a Farm Tractor approval that never go'es over 10 MPH in a corn field not 65MPH an offroad enviroment. The RZR and Wildcat cage are the worst for having the ability to protect the occupants. At least the Commander and Maverick are somewhat built on a compression design unlike the others that can fold up in mutiple directions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea the roll over happend at mile# 45. The bead lock bolts should be @20-22 inlbs. As far as bending a tie rod link that was later on in the evening / early morning when we were dialing in the suspension. Had 2 sets fab up by my local machinist set me back 200 even with buying the left and right hand tap. There is no left hand threads on these tie rod links they are all rightys.

As far as the roll cage it never moved or was tweaked!! we did a lot of measuring the next day X'in out top to bottom. It was me and another guy in it both of us are about 250lbs each and it rolled quick, no chance in pedaling it even trying to save it.

Had the engine off immediately! We got out oof the seat belt and he grabed his phone and snapped some pics and we flipped it right back over, did a inspection for damage throught the plastic little bits in the glove box and fired here right up and away we went. No smoke or any problems or anything to reset. Going have to get some plastics on the front right side, but hey if you ride where i ride your going to have to buy plastics every 2 years. They just get to scratched and broke!!!! it was really cold out side too, but the stock plastic on these and others are junk nowadays!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts