Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wife and I tested out my latest shock settings today. I took out a lot of preload and was worried about ground clearance. Well after about five miles of climbing very steep, basketball size boulder strewn washed out road, I have to say I was impressed. I don't think we even scraped once. The ride is amazingly smooth. I attached a picture I took when I got out to open a gate. I wish I had taken one of the climb, but I didn't want to stop half way up! Probably couldn't have stood up anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Gotta love the AZ desert in the winter! Where were you at? I'd be interested what shock settings you've come up with for your Max and what improvements it made....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were on the forest access road number 620? I think. It goes up Mount Graham a lil ways, starting from Thatcher. It's a washed out mess, but a good test for a machine. The shock settings I've found that work best for the way and places we ride are: very little preload, just enough to keep the springs seated on full droop, and the rebound screw all the way in, with 1/2 turn out of compression. Works good for us, duneing, rocks, or fast dirt roads. Just what I've come up with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to update my profile picture or whatever it's called. My Max doesn't sit that high anymore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I know huh? Couldn't figure out how to rotate the pic, sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts